• ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you
    decide your problems are your own. You do not blame
    them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
    You realize that you control your own destiny.

-Albert Ellis
    From the personal file
    of one who previously
    wished to be anonymous

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Managing ones own problems and then going about solving the problems of others is a service unto the world. Many join the military to make a difference in the world and come away with broken souls having taken the life of another. Random acts of kindness are a good start, but when we deliberatly go about to be kind to all our brothers and sisters we truely grow. The world will never be one because of war. We can become one united world through peace and kindness tword all mankind. The question is how long will we dream and complain when the dreams fail and When will we practice what we preach and do good to others?

Was this world ever One world? answer...

1. Yes GOD made us and we were at peace. Man took on his own agenda and we went to war. When we as humanity come back to GOD there will be peace again. Creationists view point

2. No since we evolved we have been at war as a matter of survival. There is no such thing as a lasting peace. At best we can only hope for rest periods between wars. Evolutionists view point.

I choose peace.

A true warrior doesn't need to search for an Enemy for the enemy will seek him out.

I stand with all the weapons of destruction at my disposal and put out my hand in an offering of peace. Slap it away and I will stand and defend my House. Shake the hand and I will take you in.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    There always has been war. There always will be war. Civilization must have something for us to fight for it to survive and evolve.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Jeremy is right. There will always be war. Not so much for civilization to evolve and survive, but more because of Greed. Pure, simple, evil Greed. And Lust. More Greed. I like to think that our wars have all been to stop oppression and greed but that would be false hopes. Our Current war isn't so much about terrorism as it is about oil. Vietnam wasn't so much about stopping Communisum as it was about trying out new toys and strategies. Vietnam wasn't important strategiclly. It was just testing grounds. WWI and WWII were about fighting oppression and greed. Never since have we been involved in a war purely to stop oppression and greed. There has always been SOMETHING we "needed" or just wanted from these Countries. Even more so now. Stopping terrorism is just the added bonus we are trying to achieve.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Uhm.. quote? I just worte it. Never heard it before that I know of. Was I plagerizing some ones words?:dunno:
    No! not at all!
    It has a peacful way to explain that, and why we have guns. As a christian, many people have the false concept that we are ONLY peacefull. I for one am peaceful to a very high breaking point, but I have to defend what the LORD has entrusted me with.
    The only change I can see making in this quote:
    "I stand with all the weapons of destruction at my disposal and put out my hand in an offering of peace. Shake the hand and I will take you in as a friend. Slap it away and I will stand and defend my House."
    I have the hair standing on the back of my neck. That one statement is so peaceful yet powerful!

Top Bottom