• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Is it me or are Newt and Romney showing a much higher level of respect for Dr Paul in tonight's debate? Heck, Newt was echoing Paul's good ideas. Not that I believe it to be sincere.

I heard about a FB movement, Paul-or-no one. Maybe theyre getting nervous!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think they're hoping that if they pretend they like Dr. Paul's ideas now, they might be able to steal some of his supporters.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Those two said they agreed with Dr. Paul so many times I was half-expecting them to announce they were dropping out and going to work for RP. At least Santorum had the guts to maintain his positions.

Also, speaking of Mittens and the Serial Adulterer, exactly how clueless and out of touch do you have to be to look bad in a high-dollar public argument with Rick Santorum?

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    The Dr. did not actively campaign in FL from what I understand. It looks like he's getting close to the end of his bid, and they know it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some analyst probably told them it would be good for their ratings to be nice to him.

Ummm, yeah, because Ron Paul is surging to a whooping 9% in Florida.:D

If they are nice and respectful to you then they do not fear you. Ron Paul is a non-player.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The Dr. did not actively campaign in FL from what I understand. It looks like he's getting close to the end of his bid, and they know it.

I'm not sure that I'd agree with that. I believe that it was part of his strategy because Florida is a winner-takes-all state. He is trying to collect delegates and with a winner-takes-all, he'd have to spend a ton (Florida is an expensive state to campaign in) that he thought could be spent to get a bit of a head start in other states. There is plenty going on (on the cheap) in Florida but it doesn't make sense to put the money out that others are when it is winner-takes-all.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

If they are nice and respectful to you then they do not fear you. Ron Paul is a non-player.

I disagree. The paul or no one movement will pick up steam and probably represents the feelings of most RP supporters.

The GOP recognizes this, see Palins comments a few weeks ago, and in a general election against BHO, they need every vote.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Ron Paul seems to be wisely standing back and letting the two top pseudo-republicans knock each other silly until both are in total disgrace, and then stepping in to fill the void. Smart if that is what he really is doing.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Given what we're left with, RP is starting to look like the prettiest girl at the party...after a few drinks, mind you.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Year after year after year the sheep scream for Liberty. Then, when they have a candidate that embodies Liberty and a return to a central government limited by the Constitution, the sheep cower.

Truth be told, Liberty scares the sheep sh*tless.

A citizenry of sheep begets a government of wolves.

WAKE UP FOLKS!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Well, no luck on any respect for RP flowing over the airwaves from Rush. I heard him briefly today while Ramsey was on commercial break.

A caller was making an argument that if Romney is the nominee by May, it may influence the SCOTUS decision on Obamacare because of Romney's similar system in Mass. The point being, SCOTUS may be more likely to uphold Obamacare knowing that Romney as potential POTUS would simply throw up his hands and roll over.

Interesting way to connect the dots by the caller. I hadn't really considered that and I'm still pondering it. Anyway, back to RP, Rush goes on about how the GOP needs to accept that each of the candidates, then he mentions Santorum, Gingrich, and Romney all have voted for or said things in the past that are not traditionally conservative.

Hmmmm....I can think of one candidate that has a consistently conservative voting record. Too bad Rush can't even mention his name!

Oh, and I guess Rush is planning on making his big endorsement tomorrow in Florida before the voting begins. Guess he won't be endorsing Dr Paul.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hmmmm....I can think of one candidate that has a consistently conservative voting record. Too bad Rush can't even mention his name!
    Par for the course. They always do that crap.

Oh, and I guess Rush is planning on making his big endorsement tomorrow in Florida before the voting begins. Guess he won't be endorsing Dr Paul.
    He said that? interesting.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    It shouldn't surprise anyone that so called radio conservative host would fail to support the only true conservative candidate. Their $$$$$ flows from complaining about politicians, 99% of the time it's democrats. Nothing to complain about no ratings, no $$$$$$

Top Bottom