• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    No business has to pay sales tax on sales made out of state. I am sick of local places complaining about Amazon or other businesses, they can sell online too. I can, so I think they can figure it out. Don't be such a whiner.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The entire Federal government has refused to be accountable for spending (or even establishing a budget for better than 4 years). Of course the cheif executive (who is supposed to have very limited spending authority) keeps spending like a criminal with a stolen credit card. While people were enjoying freebees, the debt kept rising. Sooner or later you have to pay the piper. There is no other way to prevent a total collapse. Edit, I mean delay the total collapse.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I would rather divert than delay a collapse but it seems few in Washington D.C. understand simple math and even fewer people care so long as they're getting milk from the gov't teet.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    This is what happens when all the elected officials are from wealthy families. These pieces of work have no idea how hard it is to make ends meet for the ordinary people. This country is tearing itself apart and I sincerely doubt that it will survive another four years.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Indiana really already has a mechanism to collect tax on out of state purchases. It is called a "use tax" You have supposed to been marking it on your Indiana tax form for years. It seems very few people actually fill in that line on the tax form. Once you get audited, you will be sure to pay use tax every time.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I don't understand the complaining.

Why would an online retailer who sells product and ships it to said buyer not be subject to the same sales tax tax issues as a brick and mortar that takes an order, ships it or delivers it?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I don't understand the complaining.

Why would an online retailer who sells product and ships it to said buyer not be subject to the same sales tax tax issues as a brick and mortar that takes an order, ships it or delivers it?

What do they get in return from the state they collect for and send sales tax to? Are Indiana snow plows going to drive to Colorado and plow the road which the store resides? NY fire fighters going to drive to California to put out a fire at the store in CA which collects taxes for NY's government?

Taxes are supposed to pay for services. What services are they receiving?

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    .......what do we do about it? I keep asking thus question and not getting an answer!! Someone tell me how to go about prosecuting these felons we have in our government and let's do it.

Top Bottom