• ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My 120 second take on the night:

I think it was smart of Trump to stay away. No need to step on stage with candidates that can barely scrape one percent, plus those candidates got more airtime. If Republican Primary voters don't like that Trump stayed away they can make that decision at the polls. Trump came across as really likeable on the Tucker Interview.

Asa Hutchinson reminds me of Roseanne Connor's mom, on the TV show Roseanne.

Chris Christie's sole purpose is a suicide mission, ad nauseum, to de-rail the Trump Train.

Tim Scott wouldn't say crap if it was choking. He doesn't push back. He doesn't take on a challenge.

Nikki Haley says the same regurgitated lines.

Doug Bergum had solid answers. Especially on abortion, States' Rights and the 10th Amendment and small-town vs big city living, but he doesn't have enough steam.

Mike Pence is running on the 1992 GOP Platform as Reagan's successor chosen by God. Whether we like it or not, there is a plurality of people in this nation that do not know the two main powers of the Cold War, let alone that there was even a thing called a Cold War. For all the great things Reagan did, spouting off Reaganisms isn't going to win the people over that the GOP needs to win elections. Pence is the chemistry teacher that likes to brag that he wore the exact same clothes to school every year on picture day.

I though Vivek taking on Pence that this is not morning in America was brilliant, because he is right. It is not morning in America. America today is a hell of a lot closer to 1980 than 1984. I really admire the 1776 push that Vivek has put on his campaign. This is our 1776 moment and as much as I admire the qualities that some of the men that have held the office of George Washington possess, none, in my opinion, have done it as well as Washington, have had the brilliance of Jefferson, the wisdom of Franklin and the chutzpah of our Founders.

I know why DeSantis's poll numbers are lower than many would like. He seems a bit canned, robotic, pre-programmed. He can rattle off policy like it's nobody's business. Could you imagine breaking bread with him? There by nothing to talk about.

Wholely agree but I think DeSantis did a bit better than expected. While still monotone he did actually seem to have some emotion this time.

Between Trump, Vivek, or DeSantis I think we'd be hard pressed to go wrong. Certainly a far cry away from voting for the lesser evil.

Vivek just seems to bring the enthusiasm to a whole different level, and is boldly willing to not deflect or mince words, but fully admit he's practically going to axe the majority of the federal government.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Wholely agree but I think DeSantis did a bit better than expected. While still monotone he did actually seem to have some emotion this time.

Between Trump, Vivek, or DeSantis I think we'd be hard pressed to go wrong. Certainly a far cry away from voting for the lesser evil.

Vivek just seems to bring the enthusiasm to a whole different level, and is boldly willing to not deflect or mince words, but fully admit he's practically going to axe the majority of the federal government.
    I heard Vivek on Jordan Peterson and he was not afraid to use the ‘r’ word; revolution. That will connect with a lot of people. And I think he did it in a way that doesn’t offend the people that are a little afraid of that word.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A stunning new study from Media Research Center (MRC) shows just how biased Google search results are when it comes to the world of politics.

By typing in just one query, “Presidential campaign websites,” Google returned only Democratic Party candidates — some of which are not even running in 2024. A notable Democrat who does not appear is Robert F. Kennedy Jr., even though the controversial scion of Camelot is second in the Democratic race.

No Republican candidates appeared on the first page of results even though the search was conducted the day before the first GOP debate — a time when Americans are looking to the internet for more clarity on the candidates.

The results of the analysis would almost be funny if they weren’t such a threat to democracy. Not surprisingly, Joe Biden’s campaign pops up first but after that? Marianne Williamson, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren. Seriously.

The research was done using a clean algorithm that is not impacted by prior searches or cookies, so what we are seeing is Google’s baseline for results, and it clearly shows that while Americans expect Google to act as a neutral resource, it is anything but one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think Ramaswamy will improve in the polls. DeSantis will probably not. I don’t think DeSantis did anything to convince voters to support him.

The fat ass pussbag will probably lose more. He thinks there is a common ground that can be reached between anything close to conservatives and ClownWorld™. What conservative goal would Democrats concede to and for what in return?

Pence confirmed the interview with Tucker that he’s out of touch. Plus that pretentious drippy piety is off putting. Pence is not going to appeal to anyone under 60 that has any capacity at all to vote Republican.

I’m not sure who is the biggest loser of the night. Well, of the losers, obviously the fat ass pussbag is the loser who is largest. Between him and Pence, it’s hard to guess whose loser energy is biggest. Haley had her looser moments. But I think Pence probably earned the big L for the night. With the FAP in tight right behind him.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I think Ramaswamy will improve in the polls. DeSantis will probably not. I don’t think DeSantis did anything to convince voters to support him.

The fat ass pussbag will probably lose more. He thinks there is a common ground that can be reached between anything close to conservatives and ClownWorld™. What conservative goal would Democrats concede to and for what in return?

Pence confirmed the interview with Tucker that he’s out of touch. Plus that pretentious drippy piety is off putting. Pence is not going to appeal to anyone under 60 that has any capacity at all to vote Republican.

I’m not sure who is the biggest loser of the night. Well, of the losers, obviously the fat ass pussbag is the loser who is largest. Between him and Pence, it’s hard to guess whose loser energy is biggest. Haley had her looser moments. But I think Pence probably earned the big L for the night. With the FAP in tight right behind him.
    I'm going with the lying windbag from New Jersey.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I think you're right. I'm not really seeing DeSantis getting any significant bump if any at all.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was all for DeSantis but his campaign has been a disaster and his charisma is nil. I don’t see how he has a shot.

I DeSantis is the most administratively competent candidate. Probably the most qualified for the job that needs done. But he can't campaign for ****. He makes so many blunders. Why did he have to feign his military service being more than it is? It's like he wants to see that he's the hero. So there's this example, the god sent him nonsense. If you have to tell people how heroic you are, you're really not one.

He should just focus on his accomplishments in FL and making the case that he can be successful on a national level, especially defeating ClownWorld™.

Top Bottom