Representative Peter J Visclosky stinks!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    DearChris:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control discussions in the aftermath of the recent shooting in Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you.
    I was shocked and heartbroken to learn of the horrific shooting that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The fact that so many victims were the most innocent among us, children, weighs heavily upon my heart as well as those of every American. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims of these attacks and their families for their unfathomable loss. As this marks the seventh mass shooting in the United States in 2012 alone, I firmly believe that Congress must take decisive action to prevent such senseless tragedies from happening again.

While I support the possession of legal firearms by responsible law abiding citizens, I am opposed to the availability of military assault weapons andhigh-capacity ammunition magazines, which pose serious threats to public safety and the law enforcement officers who risk their lives protecting us. I believe that there are certain actions we can take to ensure that adequate safety protections exist to reduce the overall level of violence in this country, which in no way means that people shouldn't continue to enjoy their second amendment rights.

That is why, in the 103rdCongress, I supported the assault weapons ban, which prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, including those with a large capacity ammunition feeding device. I deeply regret that President Bush allowed this ban to expire in 2004. Also in the 103rdCongress, I supported passage of the Brady Act, currently known as the national instant criminal background check system, which requires background checks for all firearm transfers and purchases.

In the 112thCongress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy has introduced H.R. 308, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would reinstate the ban on semiautomatic weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Because the 112thCongress will adjourn shortly, this measure is not expected to receive consideration. However, Rep. McCarthy has indicated that she will reintroduce this legislation in the 113thCongress. Should Rep. McCarthy formally reintroduce this legislation, I assure you that I will monitor it with your views in mind.

As the nation continues to make sense of the tragedy at Sandy Hook, I hope that our country will have a serious and thoughtful discussion to ensure that we find a proper balance between Americans' right to own guns and the rightto "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Peter J. Visclosky

mmfirearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    yes he is a prick, i got a email back from him and tried replying and it says the email is now unattened what a joke

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Flood him with letters about how you will "primary" him out of office much like we did Lugar.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    violation of oath of office said:
    That is why, in the 103rdCongress, I supported the assault weapons ban, which prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, including those with a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

And what poor soul will he send to collect the "assault" weapons? Will he knock on the door personally to collect the weapon if he bans possession?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    DearChris:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control discussions in the aftermath of the recent shooting in Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you.

I was shocked and heartbroken to learn of the horrific shooting that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The fact that so many victims were the most innocent among us, children, weighs heavily upon my heart as well as those of every American. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims of these attacks and their families for their unfathomable loss. As this marks the seventh mass shooting in the United States in 2012 alone, I firmly believe that Congress must take decisive action to prevent such senseless tragedies from happening again.

While I support the possession of legal firearms by responsible law abiding citizens, I am opposed to the availability of military assault weapons andhigh-capacity ammunition magazines, which pose serious threats to public safety and the law enforcement officers who risk their lives protecting us. I believe that there are certain actions we can take to ensure that adequate safety protections exist to reduce the overall level of violence in this country, which in no way means that people shouldn't continue to enjoy their second amendment rights.

That is why, in the 103rdCongress, I supported the assault weapons ban, which prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, including those with a large capacity ammunition feeding device. I deeply regret that President Bush allowed this ban to expire in 2004. Also in the 103rdCongress, I supported passage of the Brady Act, currently known as the national instant criminal background check system, which requires background checks for all firearm transfers and purchases.

In the 112thCongress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy has introduced H.R. 308, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would reinstate the ban on semiautomatic weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Because the 112thCongress will adjourn shortly, this measure is not expected to receive consideration. However, Rep. McCarthy has indicated that she will reintroduce this legislation in the 113thCongress. Should Rep. McCarthy formally reintroduce this legislation, I assure you that I will monitor it with your views in mind.

As the nation continues to make sense of the tragedy at Sandy Hook, I hope that our country will have a serious and thoughtful discussion to ensure that we find a proper balance between Americans' right to own guns and the rightto "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Peter J. Visclosky

what did you send to him?
    I've seen alot of people getting the same response back from him
    go figure..:rolleyes:

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Although he doesn't agree with us regarding this issue, he is honest enough to let you know right up front. Many, many legislators would have responded with some BS neutral statements that would give no indication of their intentions on the subject or how they would vote.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    He needs to be reminded that it is not his personal views that he needs t be voting with but voting with the majority of his constituates! These people represent us not themselves!

Top Bottom