• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    I love this dude. He has some balls asking people in California about gun control while OC'n. I Love it.

By the way .... his you tube channel has some really intersteing topics and some even greater interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXk7Se3aWv0&feature=player_profilepage

All i gotta say is... when in California... if i get in a jam ... I'm looking for cowboy boots or lacers..... nuf said.....

M

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Pretty amazing the things some people believe and say, but it is Kalifornia! Oh, and WTH use is it to carry an unloaded gun? :dunno:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I doubt many of these people have considered that the 2nd amendment's purpose might be to ensure that we citizens can protect ourselves from the government.

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    That's actually really sad to think that there are sheeple who think that there should be no guns and that everyone could get along, do interpretive dances, and fingerpaint murals.
    Wow! I did notice that the pro-firearm people were mostly casual people(besides those Walmart boots).

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    Wow! I did notice that the pro-firearm people were mostly casual people(besides those Walmart boots).

Ya and .... really .... why did they 'miraculously' decide not to record the faces of those two? unless those two were a setup .... naaaaaaaaaa..:rolleyes:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm pretty sure the first lady he asked had no clue what the 2nd Ammendment was...she was just going along with it.

Yeah she definitely had that "deer in the headlights" look didn't she. Some of the responses could be considered humorous if it wasn't so sad. Also rather ironic that almost everyone was pretty much saying that only the cops should carry except the couple from Oakland; "they using them too much" or something along those lines. The smug factor of the hardcore antis was definitely high!:noway:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    My father was an old school newspaper investigative reporter. Thus, he made a few enemies. This is what he carried. It's mine now.

swsnubbie.jpg

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Some of the comments were a bit out there but then again it was california so my expectations were not very high to start with.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Dupe from last month - not that it matters.

Pretty amazing the things some people believe and say, but it is Kalifornia!

Some of the comments were a bit out there but then again it was california so my expectations were not very high to start with.

California doesn't have a monopoly on gun control supporters. With the exception of the more rarely heard "all [hand]guns should be banned", I've heard the same type comments and seen them posted many times right here on INGO. Often prefaced with lines such as,
    "I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but..."
    "I'm a firm believer in the right to bear arms, but..."
    "I'd like Constitutional Carry as much as the next guy, but..."
    - followed by post after post advocating various items straight out of the gun control agenda, including background checks, licensing and state-mandated training as preconditions to either the purchase or carrying of arms.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It is truly hard to judge someones full thoughts on an important issue in just 30 second soundbites.

I fully support everyones right to bear arms BUT:D there are some godawful dumb morons out there who would scare me with a gun in their hands!!! Just think of all the video posts of idiots doing the dumbest things with firearms... These are people that have the right to bear arms but it doesn't make me comfortable.

With that in mind I think a lot depends on how you were raised. If their only view of firearms is the commission of a crime then it is reasonable to understand their fear of guns. If they are never exposed to reasonable, law abiding citizens carrying firearms then their ignorance needs to be challenged and hopefully broken down.

On the other hand there are some folks who care absolutely nothing for facts and will never, ever want firearms available. I will always try to protect their right to state their opinions and vote. I will also work darned hard to keep their views from becoming State policy.

Regards,

Doug

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I fully support everyones right to bear arms BUT:D there are some godawful dumb morons out there who would scare me with a gun in their hands!!! Just think of all the video posts of idiots doing the dumbest things with firearms... These are people that have the right to bear arms but it doesn't make me comfortable.
    You sure Helmke didn't rub off on you when you went to meet him recently? Doesn't sound very Libertarian to me.;) (J/K. Know what you mean.)

With that in mind I think a lot depends on how you were raised. If their only view of firearms is the commission of a crime then it is reasonable to understand their fear of guns. If they are never exposed to reasonable, law abiding citizens carrying firearms then their ignorance needs to be challenged and hopefully broken down.
    Agree. So much depends on how one was raised, as well as education and environment. Still, their ignorance, fear, or outright hostility toward the bearing of arms should not be pandered to by letting their "they scare me" or "doesn't make me comfortable" or (seen here often) "some people shouldn't be allowed to" feelings be used as a justification for requiring by statute that every adult in the entire State (or country) apply for permission/authorization as a prerequisite to the purchase or carrying of arms.

On the other hand there are some folks who care absolutely nothing for facts and will never, ever want firearms available.
    Yeah, it runs across a spectrum. The most fanatical want all guns banned (for private ownership), or certain classes e.g. handguns, semi-autos, anything that looks "scary" to them. Failing that, they'll reluctantly settle for licensing and registration in one form or another, or as many bureaucratic infringements as they can get, so that they can "feel safe". That is, until a new crisis or crime comes along that they can exploit to convince people they need to "do more" (legislatively) to "prevent gun violence" or "keep guns out of the wrong hands".
    I will always try to protect their right to state their opinions and vote. I will also work darned hard to keep their views from becoming State policy.
    They don't need protecting, since no one can take their opinion or their vote away from them. As our state becomes slowly but surely more urbanized, their numbers are likely to grow (not guaranteed, yet likely, due to other factors). As for their demands for licensing, fingerprints, background checks, LE sign-off/authorization for the bearing of arms (in this case sidearms), that portion of their views are already State policy.

Getting back to the OP, it is easy to sit back complacently and make fun of CA. Yet they are not that much different than a cross-section of our population, just more numerous, and in the case of those more like us - outnumbered and outvoted in their State legislature. It is more constructive for us to look at their history over the last 50 to 70 years, and recognize the cultural, demographic and political factors that caused their situation to be the way it is today.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Whats the deal with the 7 dollar uncle Mikes holster?

Why buy an expencive holster that has a great draw when you have to load it to use us it anyway. Did you happen to notice he spent the good money on his loaders and loader carriers. Besides he most likely gets chamber cheaked 100 times a day by the leos. Thats 3000 draws a month by people that half the time cant figure out how his gun works anyway.

Top Bottom