• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Savage while I feel for what you are describing and can understand it. It is NOT the repo mans fault. Be pissed at the lender the repo guy was just doing what he is told to do.

Much like how people bash on LEOs all the time whether they agree with the policies or not they have to do their jobs. If he doesn't do his job he wont have one. Then he will be on the other end of the repo.

I am not arguing with you like I said I see where you are coming from and agree it sucks, but the guy is just doing his job.

Well I wished that repo man would have been as nice as you were. This guy didn't let me get my stuff out of my car or anything. I had to go to the lot and get it but when the repo man came out of his office instead of the salesman he gave me crap and wouldn't let me get my stuff. I had to end up calling South Bend PD to get my things. By God, I didn't drive 2 hours for nothing.

I realize that the repo guys are just doing their jobs, but most of them aren't nice guys. Most of them will become violent just because you want your stuff out the car. That's not right. And I don't blame just the repo man. I blame the lender as well. Be it the repo company or bank or the BHPH guy.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Uh, that's still not the repo man's problem. Also, do you allow your employer to pay you "when they can"?

That's like saying we shouldn't take a drunk's license because how is he going to get to work and make a living without it. Too f'in bad. They should have thought about that before they got drunk and got behind the wheel. If you don't want your vehicle repo'd, make your payments.

HOW CAN YOU MAKE PAYMENTS WHEN YOU GET LAID OFF?!?! I had found a new job and had sent in 50 bucks which was ALL I HAD TO GIVE! They repo'ed me anyway! The repo man didn't have to take my car let alone in the middle of the night without saying a word. He could have came at a decent hour like 9-10pm and I could have told him I had made a small payment.

So since you have no sympathy for someone in hard times, I hope if you fall into hard times someone gives you a break so you know how it feels if they wouldn't have. I don't want your pity or understanding, I just can't believe you would spit on a man when he's down on his luck.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    HOW CAN YOU MAKE PAYMENTS WHEN YOU GET LAID OFF?!?! I had found a new job and had sent in 50 bucks which was ALL I HAD TO GIVE! They repo'ed me anyway! The repo man didn't have to take my car let alone in the middle of the night without saying a word. He could have came at a decent hour like 9-10pm and I could have told him I had made a small payment.

So since you have no sympathy for someone in hard times, I hope if you fall into hard times someone gives you a break so you know how it feels if they wouldn't have. I don't want your pity or understanding, I just can't believe you would spit on a man when he's down on his luck.

For the most part, bad luck always seems to follow the same people. I make decent money and haven't gotten a vehicle loan in several years. I pay cash. Some of my vehicles have only been in the $2500 range but they're paid for. I make $40k+ a year and wouldn't dream of taking out vehicle loans like a lot of my coworkers do. It's amazing how many people have at least $500 a month in vehicle payments. Even if I made $100k+ a year, I wouldn't take out a mortgage of over $100k because if I get laid off, I can still flip burgers and make my payments.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Did it, done it and had fun doing it. But I wouldn't do it again unless the pay was good. Only got shot at once. Stole...repoed a tractor with trailer still attached. They bet me I couldn't do it.
    I did all mine for Merchants Bank. Maybe that's why I have no heart.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg

NOT trying to start an internet argument here but, the repo man DID have to take your car...it was his job to take your car, the reason they do it late at night is to avoid problems with the person who did not make the payments. They are not required to let you get your stuff out, and +1 to those that do allow someone to get their stuff out of the car, but again, not a requirement. I have sympathy for people that lose their jobs due to the economy, I don't have any for those that can't show up to work and get fired or those that cause problems at work and get fired. Their is no blame on the repo man here, the blame all goes back to the one that didn't make the payment regardless of circumstance. How is the repo guy to know that you got laid off and are looking for a new job? It has been my experience that banks do not repo a vehicle until mulitple payments are missed. I don't believe that these guys intentionally "spit" on someone who is down on his luck, they have a job to do. The banks do not give out loans to help people, they give loans to make money from the interest that they collect on your loan, and typically they do not care about anything other than that. My suggestion to all that are concerned about having something taken from them that they have not paid in full for is to pay cash, then there are no worrries.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I knew someone would make a point of these two comments cause I knew I hadn't explained myself well.

Yes they contradicte one another from one's point of view. But look at it like this. The guy who got laid off was looking for work when he fell behind on payments. The guy has a new job he starts tomorrow and wakes up that morning to find his car has been repo'ed and now he loses his new job.

It's not the guy's fault he fell behind on payments. Maybe he called to let the lender know but the lender doesn't care and repo's it anyway. THAT makes it the repo man's fault for causing the guy all the problems because had the repo man not taken the car, the other guy would have had a job and began paying on the car again.

YES I KNOW THIS ISN"T THE NORM. Don't give me **** about that. I know a lot of people are dead beats but not all of them are.

And by the way, the car I had repoed happened just as I described above. I had a job I was starting and had called the lender and faxed my paperwork to them but they didn't care. They repoed my car anyway. I lost that job because the repo man didn't care that I was getting paid in two weeks and neither did the lender.

Please understand that it is tough times for everyone... including the lender. How many months were you behind? And about the the repo man hes just doing his job so that he dosent end up layed off himself. It is not up to him to worry about money issues betwene the lender and the lendee. He just has to do his job period.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.

Also understand that they cant care about payments made. They get told stories like that all day long. ( "Ive paid my bill yesterday!" ) It is not there job to care, they just have to take it and let the lender and lendee sort things out. The job sucks but thats exactly what it is a job. Not trying to stir things, I think this is the first actual debate ive been is since Ive joined.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was behind 2 months. Hadn't missed a payment but one in a year and a half.

I'm leaving this arguement because there seems to be too many people without compassion for those who fall on hard times. I wasn't making a statement about the Repo man spiting on a person when he's down. I'm saying those who say "Tuff ****, you lost your job, you should lose everything you own..." are spitting on those who are down on their luck.

Those who believe that way, I hope they fall on hard times but that someone actually gives them a break instead of spitting on them while their down. That way maybe they'll know how it feels.

That's it, I"m done with the thread. enjoy the discussion.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    As I have not had any luck in finding a new job in my field. Both jobs discussed in this thread are jobs that I am seriously considering pursuing. Since I got laid off last year, I couldn't afford two car payments and had to let my truck go back. I did not blame the repo guy at all WTF My dealings with the finance company are not his concern. His job was to come get the thing out of my driveway that's all. I met him and spoke with him he was just a normal guy like anyone else just trying to earn a living, not some evil lowlife character trying to get over on me. I actually think I would be very good at this job.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Please, no nore fighting...

That had to be the most pathetic request I have ever heard from a MOD....:D

I don't believe it has gotten to the fighting point yet, just members expressing their opinions. Kinda find it refreshing that people can disagree without resorting to name calling.:ingo:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yes, but when members start "opting out" of threads, that's usually when it gets ugly. The debate is fine, just a friendly reminder to keep it civil...

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I don't believe it has gotten to the fighting point yet, just members expressing their opinions. Kinda find it refreshing that people can disagree without resorting to name calling.:ingo:
    I thought this was one of the only I had seen here so far.lol Guess someone got upset.:dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Personally, I am saving my hardened heart moments for SHTF...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Do you mean "walk up to any bodies things and take them BACK FROM THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T PAY FOR THEM?"

yes that's what I meant. repoing is like being an emergency doctor you can't get emotionally attached to the job because if you do you no longer can do it properly.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I wasn't making a statement about the Repo man spiting on a person when he's down.
    That is exactly what you said.
    Those who believe that way, I hope they fall on hard times but that someone actually gives them a break instead of spitting on them while their down. That way maybe they'll know how it feels.
    Let me tell you a thing about hard times, because it seems that you are wishing them on others.... I had a pretty nasty crash in August of "08, broke a lot of bones, torn ligaments, multiple surgeries...I laid in the hospital for 5 weeks, then I was sent home because I was too screwed up to do physical therapy, I laid in a hospital bed for another 2 1/2 months before I even stood up one time. I was off of work, my wife was off of work, the only income we had was $128.00 a week from my employer's disability insurance. There was no worker's comp, no payout from vehicle insurance, so now I am staring down the barrel of a few hundred thousand dollars worth of medical bills. I had help from friends and family to keep my bills caught up, if it wasn't for them my house, and vehicle would be gone. Now would that be the bank's fault not really, would it be the fault of the guy sent to take my vehicle?? Not at all. How is that for hard times?? I truely hope that you are not wishing hard times on the people who have posted here just to prove your point. Like I said before, I am not fighting or arguing with you, just stating my opinion like you did yours.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a debate. I was just curious on the "qualifications" to get into the repo business. I wouldn't make a good thief so moonlighting as a repo man is out for me. :D It does make for some interesting stories from those who have done it.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Hoosier Gun Coat: I apologize for the apparent "hijacking" of your thread. Although I could not sit by and read some people's bashing of someone that is doing their job, no more, no less.

Top Bottom