• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have the full sized competition range bag from Midway and it sports 12 zipper pulls made from paracord with a plastic slider thingy on the ends that holds the corded ends on. I'm really hard on those and at least four are MIA because the ends slip off the plastic slider and I've lost them. I've tried knotting the ends, burning them to keep them from fraying, gluing them (same reason)...but they still break and get lost.
    Currently, I've slipped a paperclip through a couple and slide key ring loops around a couple...but I'd like to replace them all with something that's more permanent and all the same. The keyring loops are easy to grab and utilize...but look dorky.
    Any ideas?
    Pics would be helpful with do-it-yourself ideas.

Thanks.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I have both of these. I like the Chums a little better for my use but the Campmor may stay with your paracord style. Don't recall if you can substitute real paracord for the included fake paracord. You might also consider pulling the inner cords out of your paracord and just using the outer shell for your zipper pulls. Go to either website and search for Zipper Pulls.

http://www.campmor.com/Product___67810

Chums Zipquix Zipper Pulls - Package of 5

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Buy a new bag you cheap monkey!!!!
    It's not just this one. It's my go bag and my regular backpack, too. They all have the same type pulls...they are all missing at least one.

I have the same bag. I just got it in the mail two weeks ago. I hope this doesn't happen to mine anytime soon.
    I doubt it... I'm just really hard on them. At least I think so...since it's not just the one bag. That bag just has the most.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It's not just this one. It's my go bag and my regular backpack, too. They all have the same type pulls...they are all missing at least one.

I doubt it... I'm just really hard on them. At least I think so...since it's not just the one bag. That bag just has the most.

Monkeys have super strength not know to the mortal human. I would go with the ones that Slaw posted. All it is, is just macramé tying multiple square knots.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I usually make snake knot paracord pulls. Have them on my gym bag and backpack which take some abuse. Have yet to have one come apart. Use them for key chains too. One of the easier knots to make

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The bag I carry always has some extra paracord, a knife, and a lighter in it, among other things...just sayin...

If you like the look, why not just replace them periodically as they break?

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    I have the full sized competition range bag from Midway and it sports 12 zipper pulls made from paracord with a plastic slider thingy on the ends that holds the corded ends on. I'm really hard on those and at least four are MIA because the ends slip off the plastic slider and I've lost them. I've tried knotting the ends, burning them to keep them from fraying, gluing them (same reason)...but they still break and get lost.
    Currently, I've slipped a paperclip through a couple and slide key ring loops around a couple...but I'd like to replace them all with something that's more permanent and all the same. The keyring loops are easy to grab and utilize...but look dorky.
    Any ideas?
    Pics would be helpful with do-it-yourself ideas.

Thanks.

JG, check this website-countycomm.com I got those plastic things for my needs a few years ago. If you look on the left side of the home page, you will see a menu. Click on "other items". They should have them in different sizes.

Top Bottom