• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Bought an early 70's 1100 2 3/4 20ga on the 12ga reciever today. While cleaning seen the shell latch needs to be restaked. Probably why it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Does anyone have the tool that Brownell's sells or sold to borrow or I can come to to restake? Located in Laporte.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Just a thought, if you check on shotgunworld.com, and the Remington shotgun thread you will find that some are no longer staking in the feed latch, but rather using super glue instead. Supposedly you can clean it real well, apply the superglue, put in place with the trigger assembly pin and a clamp with something not to scuff the receiver, and it supposedly is repaired as well as staking it in.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ended up after youtubing using a small clamp to hold the shell latch back against the receiver and using the front trigger pin to hold it in alignment used a starting punch and small hammer and staked it in 3 places where I could reach. It ended up working,.

Now got to fangle with the carrier latch. Comparing to my 1100lt20 that has had no issues cant see anything causing it to not allow me to load a round.

traderjoe

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2020
    South Bend area
    I used a 1911 plunger restaking tool that worked. I had tried to manually restake but had a hard time getting the punch into the receiver for a good strike

Top Bottom