gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Built the NRMA reloading bench many years ago when lumber was cheap:

“The design is a large, versatile bench with a full set of enclosed overhead cabinets. A National Reloading Manufacturers Association (NRMA) design, this bench requires many hours to build, but it will house all your reloading gear and provide a very stable platform for your presses. This bench was designed to be as versatile as possible to meet the needs of most reloaders. However, the bench design can easily be customized.”
    I made mine a couple inches taller and modified how the center shelves opened, but otherwise mostly followed the plans.

NRMA reloading bench
    I have the plans for that and was highly considering it but I already had built something similar to the top section so I decided to use what I had. It's a pretty timeless design in my opinion.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here's a picture of my reloading and gun cleaning bench. It's not set up for loading since I ran out of primers in early 2022. The press is on a board that bolts to the top when I am using it. Otherwise it's down below out of the way.

It's not super organized right now since I haven't been loading for about a year now, but I do clean my guns there and work on them.

Loading Bench.JPG

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    A few years back I purchased a couple of base cabinets from Purdue Salvage that came out of a science lab.They are taller and deeper than regular kitchen cabinets. I set them so they were 8 foot end to end, put a couple shelves between them and made a top from 3/4" plywood and 2 x 6's. Quite sturdy and lots of storage, but somehow still not enough.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i built both of my benches. reloading bench on the left was built 25 years ago, 2X4 & 4X4 construction. at the time it was cheaper to build it myself. bench on the right was built using leftover/scrap lumber. vertical gun rack was also built from scrap/leftover wood i had laying around.

Attachments

• 20221106_133111.jpg
      20221106_133111.jpg
      428.4 KB · Views: 20

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Cheapest workbench I ever built was two short filing cabinets gotten for free off the street and a solid core door bolted to them for the top. Worked great for seated reloading work.

Top Bottom