• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    So, my dad purchased some blanks for an M1 Garand and gave me the brass asking if I can reload it. I'm not sure. Other than a ring like crip around the end I don't know of any difference. I expect that crimp would come out when sizing.

Does anyone have experience and words of wisdom? Should I try to reload these?

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Not worth the trouble and expense. The brass isn't good for loading projectile ammo and to reload as blanks you need at the very least a crimp die that you can get from CH but they're not cheap. I'm not aware of any blank powder being available right now either. In a pinch some pistol/shotgun powders can be used but this is not a job for someone with limited loading experience. I put together some blanks for the VFW some years ago but it was simpler to just buy it outright. Usually the empties are offered to the families of fallen vets after the ceremony. If they are refused they are discarded which is what I would suggest you do with yours.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

I have always heard that blanks are made with brass that does not meet the standards for loading actual projectile ammunition. Either it failed an inspection or is simply not made to the same standards. Either way it is not safe for reloading. Just scrap it. :twocents:

Top Bottom