• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This machine, the 150 Case, was the pinnacle of the road locomotive era. I have followed Kory Anderson for many years, starting when he began building this beast. He was able to obtain the original blueprints from the company that bought Case and create all the parts from scratch (he owns a foundry company). It is an awesome story.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    There's something mesmerizing about old steam engines. It was always fun going to the threshing show in Tipton and watching the steam engine run a sawmill.

Side note: My Great-Grandmother was born in 1909, her father- G-G-Grandpa Cad- farmed 40 acres with a Farmall B and a trip-plow. We still have both, however the B is just a yard ornament. I got to use the trip-plow on my Grandma's truck patch back when I was in high school. It's a neat feeling using old iron, especially when its a family heirloom.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    My dad was born in 1914 and told of using a Fordson at one time and a McCormick Deering 1020 at another. There were big steam tractors that came around at harvest time. They even had 6 teams of Belgians before they got the tractors. This was in central Nebraska. Unfortunately, the bank took the farm during the Depression.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Not coal steam or as old but from my past.

DC240EAC-9A61-481C-8D35-5CAC8A411220.jpeg
    Mom and I. 194? Farmall H.

F29008AF-1846-41E3-A448-E811F03DD6BB.jpeg
    Mom, Grandma ( Mom’s mom ) me, cousin, same H hooked to our baler at that time. Notice baler has motor, not pto driven. Same baler when I began driving for baling. That baler motor had a bad habit of not wanting to start and run. Heard a few expletives from Dad and other guys more than once.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    This machine, the 150 Case, was the pinnacle of the road locomotive era. I have followed Kory Anderson for many years, starting when he began building this beast. He was able to obtain the original blueprints from the company that bought Case and create all the parts from scratch (he owns a foundry company). It is an awesome story.

My parents used to attend a show up in Canada with antique farm equipment. They brought back pictures and tales of a steam tractor pulling a huge plow. The plow had a board walkway for workers to walk along and adjust each individual plow bottom. Maybe the same as in your video? I'll try to find those pictures. Very cool!!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Not a steam engine, but Dad's Christmas present a few years ago. An Oliver 77 was the tractor he started with.

CQMkyZh.jpg

6c2f7wF.jpg

5IjMr3V.jpg

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If you dad goes to the tractor shows, I he a member of the Oliver Gang?
    He doesn't take it anywhere. It's his shed queen. He uses it once in a while to move the bean head around and pull a running gear with a flat bed for totes. He might have drug a harrow across mom's garden with it too.

Top Bottom