• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rspr8tr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Got the pistol back from Shooter521 on Tuesday evening. Took it out to the range this evening while at work and am still very disappointed in the performance. Multiple FTFs with target rounds and hollow points. Several rounds actually pushed back further into the casings because of the misfeeds. Out of 15 rounds, I had 7 FTFs. I made a video while shooting today and will share that with shooter521 if he'd like to see it. Not sure what options are on the table at this point, but I'm open for suggestions.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Got the pistol back from Shooter521 on Tuesday evening. Took it out to the range this evening while at work and am still very disappointed in the performance. Multiple FTFs with target rounds and hollow points. Several rounds actually pushed back further into the casings because of the misfeeds. Out of 15 rounds, I had 7 FTFs. I made a video while shooting today and will share that with shooter521 if he'd like to see it. Not sure what options are on the table at this point, but I'm open for suggestions.

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems with this handgun. I don't have any constructive advice at this point since the manufacturer has washed their hands of it you are pretty much out of luck.

I for one appreciate your reporting of this horrible customer service so I and others can steer clear.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Out of 15 rounds, I had 7 FTFs. I made a video while shooting today and will share that with shooter521 if he'd like to see it. Not sure what options are on the table at this point, but I'm open for suggestions.

I am sorry to hear this; I really thought we had the problem licked. I ass-u-me you were using one of your known-good mags, and not the POS that came with the gun? I'll give our 'smith a call on Friday and see how many rounds he put through it when he test-fired it, and what brand/type of ammo he used. He may want to take it back and do some additional work on it. Alternatively, I can put you in direct contact with him so that you don't have to keep going through us as a middle-man.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thank you SO much for this thread. I've had people asking me about that particular gun, the warranty, the customer service, etc....and I really had no knowledge of it.

rspr8tr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am sorry to hear this; I really thought we had the problem licked. I ass-u-me you were using one of your known-good mags, and not the POS that came with the gun? I'll give our 'smith a call on Friday and see how many rounds he put through it when he test-fired it, and what brand/type of ammo he used. He may want to take it back and do some additional work on it. Alternatively, I can put you in direct contact with him so that you don't have to keep going through us as a middle-man.

I used both of the new Wilson mags I got yesterday when I picked it up. I used the Winchester ball ammo, Federal HPs, and wait until you see how it chewed and compressed those Hornaday polymer core rounds.

At what point do we accept the gun (or at least the frame) is unworkable and entertain other options?

After looking at it and hearing what the Smith did to it I was very much looking forward to shooting it, and then my experience this afternoon was pretty much a repeat from back in August.

Everyone else following this thread; I appreciate your feedback and concern over this. I've never had a company behave the way Umarex has (then again, I've never had a NIB pistol perform like this either) Shooter521's store has been very professional and customer oriented throughout this process. I'd just like to have it over with :dunno:

I'll keep everyone informed as we move forward.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I had some problems with my R I A at first, but polished the feed ramp with some # 600 paper, now it seems like she works pretty good!!!! :yesway::D:cool:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Did you happen to be at ECPR with this pistol on Sat?

ECPR? Educate me please on that one. The gun has been (and still is at the time of this writning) in the care of Bradis' Gun Smith getting repaired. I have been contacted that it is ready to be picked up and I plan to do that later this afternoon when I get off work. Once I have a chance to fired the weapon with a variety of round nose and HP ammo, I'll post the results.

I have full confidence that Bradis' Smith has been able to render this pistol operational.

Eagle Creek Pistol Range.
    I RSO there, and we had a customer with, if I remember correctly, the same brand and model of gun, having pretty much the same problem. He said it was brand new, first trip to the range with it, had several brands of mag's, and the more rounds he put through it, the worse it got.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    richardraw316: they sell around here in the neighborhood of 5 and a quarter. I looked around at a few places that sell them in this area and shooter521 had the best deal.
    Topdog's comment bares sound advice.
    Zenbruno: your suggestion was followed up on this morning. I've had a couple of back and forth discussions with "Glen" from Umarex this past week informing him that I planned on making my experience very public. He was sent the link today in fulfillment of that promise and informed that I was just getting started. It truly is a shame that a company doesn't stand behind their product. This would be an outstanding pistol with the standard features, size, feel, and accuracy....except for the feedramp issue and Umarex's poor approach to customer service & backing what they sell.

I won't be buying any of their stuff... thanks for the heads up and hope everything works out with your 1911.

rspr8tr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Eagle Creek Pistol Range.
    I RSO there, and we had a customer with, if I remember correctly, the same brand and model of gun, having pretty much the same problem. He said it was brand new, first trip to the range with it, had several brands of mag's, and the more rounds he put through it, the worse it got.

Wolfman, I was at ECPR back at the begining of August when I first got this pistol. The guy you describe sounds like me. I went up there first thing on that Saturday. Only stayed about 20 mins, as I kept having feed issues with my new gun. And yes, as I posted in the first thread I had 4 different mags I was using that day.

rspr8tr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well today I took the pistol back to Bradis and spoke with shooter521. We reached a mutually acceptable compromise for an in store credit towards the purchase of a different pistol. I'm proud to announce ownership of a new Springfield Champion LW Operator. Very satisfied with this outcome. I still have the Regent and since Umarex has wahsed their hands of any warranty, I may see who would like to take a stab at reworking the feedramp on this thing. Umarex gets a grade of "F". Bradis gets an "A" for the dedication to customer service, attempts to make this right & generous credit given towards the purchase of a new pistol.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well another check mark in the positive column for Bradis. And a big negative for Umarex.

Its too bad you went through all the crap you had to suffer. But at least people know your story and what a crap company Umarex is.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    regent is a great price, though i do not have much experience with shooting them

So how much is "Not Much" :dunno:

A couple of mags? A couple of rounds? Someone let you hold one? or maybe you just saw one in an ad and liked the price, but have never seen one in person?

I think you missed the point of the OP if you think the price is good after reading how much of a POS the hardware is.

:popcorn:

Top Bottom