• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just came across this on WTHR's website.

No, Afghan refugees are not disappearing, and the FBI has not found and removed Taliban members from Camp Atterbury​

:dunno:
    Also says that ~50% of the refugees at Atterbury are children

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I know that no media has been allowed on post so any news should be press release anything else is hearsay. So you have to be careful with sources.

And I know that gooberment isnt necessarily a good source. Just throwing that out there.
    Quote: "Last numbers I was given were that 47% are <18. Figure in that some are elderly I'm failing to see where you guys are seeing that the majority are military aged males."

What's YOUR source?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just came across this on WTHR's website.

No, Afghan refugees are not disappearing, and the FBI has not found and removed Taliban members from Camp Atterbury​

:dunno:
    I will say that there appears to be a lot of wiggle room in most/all of those answers.
    Oh, well then I guess the three long bearded men strolling down the sidewalk of my subdivision speaking loudly in a foreign language which my wife saw while taking the dog out at 12:30 AM Monday morning must have just been some wayward Amish. Their buggy must have broken down on their way to visit relatives in the famous Amish enclave on the south side of Indy.
    May have been Amish, could be Mennonite, but I'm guessing you didn't read the article.
    “There are individuals who have departed Camp Atterbury due to eligibility or completion of on-site processing. Some individuals have decided to continue to resettlement process outside of Camp Atterbury. Intelligence, law enforcement, and counterterrorism professionals conduct screening and security vetting before the Afghan guests are allowed into the United States. This includes reviews of both biographic and biometric data,” she told VERIFY.

And.
    "Everyone is accounted for. A few people have left, but those people were picked up by family and have been vetted and had all their vaccinations and medical exams,”
    Quote: "Last numbers I was given were that 47% are <18. Figure in that some are elderly I'm failing to see where you guys are seeing that the majority are military aged males."

What's YOUR source?
    Of the 6,600-plus refugees, almost half (47.4%) are children. DHS also reports a baby was born Sept. 9.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Oh, well then I guess the three long bearded men strolling down the sidewalk of my subdivision speaking loudly in a foreign language which my wife saw while taking the dog out at 12:30 AM Monday morning must have just been some wayward Amish. Their buggy must have broken down on their way to visit relatives in the famous Amish enclave on the south side of Indy.
    Worked with a long bearded dude one time and could never understand him. I mean...he was white and American, but he mumbled something awful.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Worked with a long bearded dude one time and could never understand him. I mean...he was white and American, but he mumbled something awful.
    I've worked with a couple of guys that fit that description, heck I fit that description.

But on a serious note, I'd wouldn't mind seeing age/gender broken down a bit more. Mainly for curiosity sake. Age broken down by brackets and % m/f in each.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Of the 6,600-plus refugees, almost half (47.4%) are children. DHS also reports a baby was born Sept. 9.
    The DHS said what? BUT.....BUT.......didn't you say there are no reliable sources? You specifically stated the government!

Quote: "
    I know that no media has been allowed on post so any news should be press release anything else is hearsay. So you have to be careful with sources.

And I know that gooberment isnt necessarily a good source. Just throwing that out there."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The DHS said what? BUT.....BUT.......didn't you say there are no reliable sources? You specifically stated the government!

Quote: "

And I know that gooberment isnt necessarily a good source. Just throwing that out there."
    Nope, that wasn't me. I did say that their answers in another article did contain wiggle room.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Come on man….it’s the new math…:):
    Totally unrelated, but I gave new math a try. It works just fine and it's not really complicated, but it takes twice as long to do an addition problem versus the traditional method.

I assume it's meant to help do large problems mentally, because that's the only benefit I could see to it.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Did he have two similar looking friends and have a tendency to wander around neighborhoods other than his own in the wee hours of the morning?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I will say that there appears to be a lot of wiggle room in most/all of those answers.

May have been Amish, could be Mennonite, but I'm guessing you didn't read the article.
    “There are individuals who have departed Camp Atterbury due to eligibility or completion of on-site processing. Some individuals have decided to continue to resettlement process outside of Camp Atterbury. Intelligence, law enforcement, and counterterrorism professionals conduct screening and security vetting before the Afghan guests are allowed into the United States. This includes reviews of both biographic and biometric data,” she told VERIFY.

And.
    "Everyone is accounted for. A few people have left, but those people were picked up by family and have been vetted and had all their vaccinations and medical exams,”

That article is just as much a farce as the notion that 3 Amish or Mennonite guys were roaming around a neighborhood where they didn't live just after midnight in Johnson County.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Best keep the wife indoors after midnight. These Amish be wildin'.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    PBFx4G6.gif

Top Bottom