• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am in Johnson county. Anyone know of a good place to refill them? I can always exchange them at a gas station but that is costly. I checked at what used to be stouts RV and at 2.50 a lb I could buy at the gas station cheaper.I also checked at a Pilot truck stop as they can refill your tank and was shocked at 2.71 a pound ...the cashier said it was for people in RV's mostly that did not really have a choice.I would be willing to drive some as I have 4 20 lbs tanks right now that need refilled.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    How about the place on edgewood before you get to 37, I can't remember the name right now but I'll be driving to Avon at noon and I will be passing it, I'll get the name then.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    LP has become liquid gold. I heat with LP but am in a coop purchase program thru my local REMC. We get a yearly locked in price but with the current trend it is rather high but cheaper than I could buy it from the local supplier.

The local small independent gas station refills propane and what started as a 10 dollar fill has become (last refill) about 19 dollars. The good thing is that I only use that LP for the BBQ grill.

Look for the various exchange sites, special sale at Rural King etc.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Check Complete Hydraulics in Franklin. They are on Commerce drive and I have filled there before. I know they were cheaper than the gas stations. And they sure felt fuller than others. They don't exchange. It has been since last year well 07, since I have had to, but I would try there first.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Check your Brother-in-laws deck, I went down the road to my broinlaws and grabbed his tank off his grill to heat my garage for awhile this evening! It was free!:rockwoot:He is always borrowing tools and stuff so I figured "MY TURN" This is not a long term solution but in a pinch:):

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Slight :hijack:... I know Walmart sells those little tanks for propane stoves for camp-cooking and they also sell, in the plumbing aisle, a propane torch. Question: Will the torch fit on the cooking propane bottles? Are there problems with doing this? (I have a mapp gas torch, but mapp is like 4x the cost of propane.:spend:)

Thanks in advance!!

Blessings,
    B

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Slight :hijack:... I know Walmart sells those little tanks for propane stoves for camp-cooking and they also sell, in the plumbing aisle, a propane torch. Question: Will the torch fit on the cooking propane bottles? Are there problems with doing this? (I have a mapp gas torch, but mapp is like 4x the cost of propane.:spend:)

Thanks in advance!!

Blessings,
    B
    I have an adapter to refill the little tanks from a 20lb tank :) I have many little ones,and an adapter with hose(for my buddy heater)that can run small propane stoves,lanterns,or heaters off a 20lb tank.Wally world sells the small tanks in the camping area,sigh....they also sell propane tanks,and have an exchange(I looked today) 18 dollars for exchange 42 for new tank....grrr I hate wally world but it seems to be the cheapest option.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008

Thanks in advance!!

Blessings,
    B

The map torch will fit the Colman and similar green bottles as well as the standard blue propane torch bottles. No problems switching between map and propane with the same torch head..

To further hijack this thread..

You can get an adapter from an rv supply type place that adapts the little propane bottles for use emergency on the gas grill, like when you run out with a halfway cooked steak..

Top Bottom