• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I would like to know what racial justice they want exactly. What does “justice” mean to the people pushing this? Is it considered justice to punish individuals based on their ancestors actions? Seems that would come back to bite a lot of them. Your dad was convicted for murder, you must serve his remaining sentence when he died. Your great grandfathers best friend was his slave, but he still owned slaves, so you must pay.

When can we look forward instead of backwards? That’s what this is. A distraction to keep us from focusing on making the country better tomorrow, because to make the country better we would have to get rid of most of them.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    "Fair" is an illusion. "Equal" we can discuss, "Equality" we can discuss, these can have reasonable metrics assigned, and if agreed upon can be determined to be equal or not.

"Fair" is never more than one sides opinion, period. "Social Justice" meaningless drivel intended to be defined to the benefit of the one screaming it.

Redistricting could be done by a formula system (centers of population, etc.) but NO ONE in the political realm is serious about such things. They are only trotted out when the side out of power needs to redistrict to gain power.

Leave it alone, and let the redistricting begin. But PLEASE get me out of J.D. Ford's district. I just can't stand having a Communist represent me.

Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I’m trying to go further west or south. The virus im scared of is city life... and I’d like to be as quarantined from that virus as possible.
    If you go west, make sure to bypass the Plainfield, Avon and Brownsburg plane. Subdivisions and warehouses popping up like mushrooms on a dead tree all east of about 525 East.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you go west, make sure to bypass the Plainfield, Avon and Brownsburg plane. Subdivisions and warehouses popping up like mushrooms on a dead tree all east of about 525 East.
    I can confirm the subdivisions and warehouses. I look for more on 100S when it opens again.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I can confirm the subdivisions and warehouses. I look for more on 100S when it opens again.
    Yes, I believe that’s why they’re redoing the road…making it wider to be more semi friendly. And there’s a 120 house subdivision going in across from Avon Christian Church.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes, I believe that’s why they’re redoing the road…making it wider to be more semi friendly. And there’s a 120 house subdivision going in across from Avon Christian Church.
    Oh man! Another cornfield becomes a subdivision. Spittin distance from my humble abode.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Oh man! Another cornfield becomes a subdivision. Spittin distance from my humble abode.
    Yep, that nice little farmstead there had one of those public hearing signs and I looked it up. Waiting for the 38 acres that surrounds two sides of my house to be sold to developers…

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    A former colleague had a perspective on this. He said because Indianapolis has no geographic barriers the urban sprawl is more prolific than other metro areas. It's cheap and easy to buy cornfields and build cookie cutter housing developments and low density warehousing and light industrial. Of course the down side is it perpetuates the car-centric commuter culture and under-utilizes public services and utilities. I'm not sure if that last one is such a negative these days though because if they decide to burn Indianapolis to the ground (figuratively or literally) at least the suburbs aren't dependent on shared utilities and public safety. At least I don't feel like I have to sleep with a gun under my pillow in the suburbs like I did when I lived in the city proper and if I do call 911 I won't die waiting on hold.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Believe me I know. I looked around Monrovia but factories are popping up all over there now, so by the time I’m old they’ll be developing. Looking like cloverdale/eminence area might be ok for my lifetime.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    "But in 2011, did the Indiana legislature redraw the district lines in a way that reflected the increasing presence of the state’s racial minorities?"

I guess I didn't realize districts were supposed to have anything to do with race. Why not just create a handful of governments who serve their own races? Why not divide up the country into racial regions?

Racism is only bad when they say it is.

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    Moving to Indiana from Washington state I thought I was getting away from this kind of thing. Apparently I didn't move to the red state I thought. Slowly rolling over in Indiana. Sad day! I hope Indiana withstands this test of time.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Is that where the new stop light is? I wondered why it appeared.

Yep, that nice little farmstead there had one of those public hearing signs and I looked it up. Waiting for the 38 acres that surrounds two sides of my house to be sold to developers…
    Believe me I know. I looked around Monrovia but factories are popping up all over there now, so by the time I’m old they’ll be developing. Looking like cloverdale/eminence area might be ok for my lifetime.

My GF lives on 150 near the dump. It used to be pretty far away from people. Now she's worried that a subdivision will pop up nearby. Supposedly though, the land around the airport cannot have subs built on it since it's potential airport expansion land (or something to that effect). Cell reception there sucks since mount trashmore has grown high enough to block line-of-site to the tower on 36. I think maybe the metal content of the trash have be hurting reception as well.

We're hoping to find some land 15+ acres to the south/southwest of Danville, maybe Owen county/Spencer area big enough for hunting, shooting and quad trails, wooded, etc.

Top Bottom