• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I know they make the WSK( wilderness survival knife) and have a survival school. other than that their website is kind of a hodge podge of stuff to buy. I find it interesting they sell their competitions knife though.:twocents:

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I found that a little odd too. They must feel their product is much better and people will prefer it when they see them side by side.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    stay away from the stainless steel blades, I got to play with ( and break close to ten of these) at grindestone cutlery in fort wayne, the saw teeth were too deep and cased the point to be easily broken, they were poorly heat treated and very brittle, ( broke like glass ina vise when hit with a 16 oz claw hammer). THe carbon steel models are decent knives for cheap. but they still fail as a tracker type knife, the edge has the same grind on the front round and the back section of the blade. the front should be convex ground ( like and axe head) to chop with and the back ( near the handle) should be thin and either flat or hollow ground as it is intended to be used for detail work to make traps, If you are in the market for a good out doors knife and on a budget, look at this Schrade Special Forces Fixed Blade Knife + Screw Driver - eBay (item 110418595546 end time Aug-03-09 21:31:51 PDT), it is chinese production but so are the red scorpion six knives, however the Schrade is properly heat treated 1095 steel and can take a beating, on peice design after the CHriss reeve hollow handles.

or this Kershaw 1079 Outcast, D2 Fixed Blade, Kydex Sheath - eBay (item 260387658737 end time Aug-30-09 18:40:47 PDT)

it is D2, it needs a good edge, but is a tank, will chop and cut all day, the handle is comfortable in extended use, and comes with a very nice kydex sheath (for a production sheath) .

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    they are junk. they will break. your new expensive knife will be broken, and you will be angry about a shody knife.

unless he has fixed the heat treat (highly improbable) they are only good for letting your buddies have a good time breaking an expensive knife.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    they are junk. they will break. your new expensive knife will be broken, and you will be angry about a shody knife.

unless he has fixed the heat treat (highly improbable) they are only good for letting your buddies have a good time breaking an expensive knife.

I have met the principle and seen the work. Not impressed.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I have met the principle and seen the work. Not impressed.

this is something i DON'T understand. anyone interested in making anything of quality would FIX problems, PROVEN problems, to make a better product. anyone who ISN'T interested in just making a buck.... or making an item for collectors..........

i just have no respect for people who proclaim something to be G2G when they KNOW its not.... and could endanger lives.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    this is something i DON'T understand. anyone interested in making anything of quality would FIX problems, PROVEN problems, to make a better product. anyone who ISN'T interested in just making a buck.... or making an item for collectors..........

i just have no respect for people who proclaim something to be G2G when they KNOW its not.... and could endanger lives.

They have made a better much better knive in teh second gen ( carbon blades) however I think there are many other good knives in teh same price range.

Top Bottom