• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have a couple of Slab Side Mk II Competition Target Model pistols. One of them has a scope and the other is open sights. I have been thinking about putting a red dot of some make on the open sight one. Anyone have any experience and suggestions for me?

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I took mine off my Buckmark. A scope is more useful for hunting, and I found the iron sights worked just as good. I was not needing a rapid target acquisition on that gun.

If you get one, get the smallest moa you can.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I used a Simmons 30 mm red dot on my Buckmark and Epsylum had one on his MK2 Competition Target. They work great and were not expensive. Recently got a reflex red dot from Sprotsmans Guide. It looks like a BSA. Us it on the Buckmark as it is less bulky. It too works just fine. I doubt the cheaper red dots would hold up to the recoil of bigger guns but these inexpensive ones do a remarkable job. Actually, I like to practice with iron sights often, just to keep in practice. With the red dot, it's just too easy. Takes away most of the challange.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i run a reddot of some description on all the .22 semi auto pistols i shoot. can't see the front sight any longer. i do keep a couple with out for training aids.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I had a BSA 30 MM red dot on teh Ruger you bought for awhile. Decided I'd prefer accuracy over quick shooting with that one so I went back to the scope. The red dot is why I put the Wiegand scope rail on it. You could swap scope rails and use the factory Ruger one for the scope and put teh Wiegand rail on teh other one for a red dot. They are fun, I bet it would be lots of fun, quiet shooting with your Outback!

Doug K

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have an 30mm UltraDot that has been mounted on a model 41 Smith and a Browning Buckmark. Can't say enough about the UltraDot product, they are excellent. I have also mounted a Bushnell Trophy reddot on the Buckmark. I was very pleased with the results, especially considering it cost me about $100 less then the UltraDot.

I prefer reddots or open sights on pistols as opposed to scopes, but that is just a personal preference.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Been shooting my outback on the P22 a bunch. My grandson loved getting to play with that pistol on New Years Day. The Outback on your old Mk II with scope will be a great bird shooter this summer. If it were legal would be a good squirrel hunter but I can't use the silencer to hunt in Indiana.

Top Bottom