• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    I've seen alot of interest in tactical training on the forum. We are located central and east central Indiana. I seen on person was wanting a course with alot of stress added to the course. We have a course that is a "RUN & GUN" course, plus many others. Check out the site at www.reddottactical.com :ar15:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A question:

Why does this photo from your web site:
    http://www.reddottactical.com/GALLERY.html
    RedDotPic-1.jpg

Look a WHOLE lot like an EAG Tactical course held at the Boone County IN Sheriff's Dept. range?

By "training exercises we have done," do you mean "other instructors' courses we have taken"? I'm confused. :scratch:

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    yes it is, i took a course there 2 yrs ago, it really was an awesome class and inspired me to continue my training and then started a business with 3 other instructors.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    wow, ya know i just joined up not even a week and was real excited about being on this website as a member, and now im getting kicked around and for what? I have spoken to other training facilities and even spoke with Pat Rogers after I took his course 2 yrs ago, and David Williams and got ideas and pointers on what I should do in order to start a training facility in central Indiana. A year later I've obtained an NRA instructor with prior special forces experience, and ILEA certified instructor in firearms and shotgun and also 2 instructors with SWAT experience. So with that being said I am sorry to upset ANYONE on this site. God bless

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    wow, ya know i just joined up not even a week and was real excited about being on this website as a member, and now im getting kicked around and for what? I have spoken to other training facilities and even spoke with Pat Rogers after I took his course 2 yrs ago, and David Williams and got ideas and pointers on what I should do in order to start a training facility in central Indiana. A year later I've obtained an NRA instructor with prior special forces experience, and ILEA certified instructor in firearms and shotgun and also 2 instructors with SWAT experience. So with that being said I am sorry to upset ANYONE on this site. God bless

Welcome to INGO!

How about a link to you and your instructors resume's.
    The reaction you got is because your website at least parts was copied from another. This just may have been an over site.:dunno:

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    What a unfriendly sight this is ,wolves waiting to draw blood at any slight chance,anyone ever think a trainer gets to be a trainer but never attends a training himself ???? ,Everybody at Gunsite was once being trained there or another facility. As for having a 'same' adjenda I think most would, Red Dot Tac has a webite,a 'resume' you might say,if they have a pic of one of thier steps to becoming a trainer who cares?!?!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    What a unfriendly sight this is ,wolves waiting to draw blood at any slight chance,anyone ever think a trainer gets to be a trainer but never attends a training himself ???? ,Everybody at Gunsite was once being trained there or another facility. As for having a 'same' adjenda I think most would, Red Dot Tac has a webite,a 'resume' you might say,if they have a pic of one of thier steps to becoming a trainer who cares?!?!

Well said and Repped!! :D

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

Im sure the tone will change...just as soon as he mails his sponsor check to the admin....then it will become the greatest thing since sliced bread.:laugh:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Are you a representative from Red Doc Tac? You seem a little on the defensive side. It’s not an unfriendly sight at all, but INGO will look out for its own members. We are family in many respects and it is instinctive to protect our own. The OP joins up recently and with the opportunity to market his company to 15000 Indiana members takes no time to get know the membership or they him. No they jump right in with post/threads advertising their classes, wanting our money. If they wouldn't question the ability or experience of the instructors in similar circumstances how good of instructors could they really be. A resume detailing experiences, classes taken and other info helps us find out if Red Dot Tac is right for us personally. A website that was copied in parts from a competitor is not a resume. Before I spend hundreds of dollars I just want to make sure I am not paying someone who just took a class.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am concerned with the plagiarism clear evident on his website, not the fact he is pimping his business before becoming and advertiser. After seeing this I went to several companies (about 10 in total) who offer rifle classes and every single of them was able to distingush thmeselves enough from the others in the way they listed the information of the gear required for their class, except one.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Im sure the tone will change...just as soon as he mails his sponsor check to the admin

This has nothing to do with being an advertiser or not; my opinions are strictly my own, and I do not speak for the Fenway or any of the site staff. This guy came out of nowhere and started using INGO to pimp his site and courses pretty hard, without contributing in any other meaningful way (compare this with the participation levels of our other resident trainers). I did a little digging, and found that large portions of RDT's course descriptions were copied word-for-word from the site of a well-established trainer, who SWATDUDE took a class from a couple years ago.

Any school or instructor worth their salt will list their qualifications and bio, but Red Dot Tactical does not. The vibe I'm getting is one of a guy who is or was a cop and has taken some classes, and feels that automatically qualifies him to teach. I'm all about increasing the number of available training opportunities in the state, but in the Internet age, it's awfully easy for someone to make himself out to be something more than what he is, and that in turn makes it very difficult for prospective students to separate the wheat from the chaff when looking for places to train.

So I'll ask some pointed questions here – not out of malice, but out of a desire to get information out there so that my fellow INGOers can judge where best to spend their hard-earned training dollars.

INGO Members - do any of you know SWATDUDE personally? Have any of you trained with RDT, or know anyone who has?

SWATDUDE - who are you, and who are your fellow instructors? What specific experience do you have that makes you qualified to instruct others in the subject matter listed in your course descriptions?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    INGO's policy on trainers is a good one IMO. It is my understanding that they don't have to become site advertiser to pimp their classes. The intent is to help keep cost down so more people can get training. I am in a unique situation this year and have money budgeted for training. I want the most bang for my buck. I would hate to INGO change its policy but I wouldn't blame them if they did. The plagiarism is a red flag for me but I have an open mind.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm pleased you think so highly of our advertising powers here on INGO. It truly is an excellent resource for those wanting to reach thousand of Indiana Gun Owners and the reputation of INGO and the quality of our site attracts many of them as you can tell from our sponsors section :yesway: With that being said I do not recommend trainers advertise with us from a financial perspective. It is not necessary to be an advertiser on INGO to post classes in this forum. I believe training should be free to post and we have been doing this since day 1.

You will notice long time INGOers like rhino and obijohn from ACT and Shay from Mindset Labs support this site as advertisers but this is a "home" for them and I believe they want to give back to the site. They could post their training opportunities for free in here but they support INGO and that is fine. Other trainers come in to post classes but they don't support us and that is fine as well.

On the subject of plagarism and the internet the site in question is clearly a copy and paste job and that is very unfortunate. People spend a great deal of time and money developing sites and it's very frustrating as a site owner to see a new site pop up that copies your work word for word. INGO is so popular I have seen this quite a bit. Two recent examples being a copy job of our forum index with the exact forum titles, descriptions and order. The other being a blatant copy of our rules.

On the subject of Red Dot we don't know anything about them and all the website "tells' us is they copied a very prominent and well respected trainer. There are many guys and gals on here who do not take kindly to this kind of thing and that is why you are seeing a less than "INGO friendly" reception to this group. This could all be a mistake but until it is cleared up by Red Dot and we learn more about them and their training I expect the questions will keep coming. I would HIGHLY recommend Red Dot revamp their site to make it their own quickly as this kind of thing will travel faster than a Tier 1 dog in Osama's compound across the gun forums.

Im sure the tone will change...just as soon as he mails his sponsor check to the admin....then it will become the greatest thing since sliced bread.:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom