• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    the RIA is a good gun for the cash and they have excellent customer service.

I personally think the SA is a better gun and SA has excellent customer service as well. I believe that the RIAs are cast whereas the SAs are forged. Also my RIA was great, buti found it to be kinda heavy in comparison to others in terms of carrying.

raven84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I went with a MetroArms American Classic Commander for 465 total cost including FFL transfer in December, it had the skeletonized hammer, extended slide release, extended safety and beavertail grip safety, all items I couldn't find on the Rock Island w/o getting the ambidextrous safety, which I wasn't interested in.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    RIA (Rock Island Armory) makes a great gun for a very reasonable price.

I picked up my GI Model RIA 1911A1 for $360 in Evansville a few weeks ago.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would say RIA or Springfield GI or milspec would be the best bang for your buck. Fair price, nice shooters, and they were not made to be safe queens so you can actually shoot them which is important! :D Good luck with your decision.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I just sold my mil spec Springfield for $550. It was a great gun, just a safe queen I never shot. I would recommend it. I saw that Remington just came out with a 1911, not sure but I think it is around $600 or so.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    First of all, way to go 38special! You just flat stole that thing. As for RIA, I have the Tactical model with the skeleton hammer and trigger. Love it. For the money, I think it would be difficult to better. Go to Gun Broker and look thru them.

raven84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Wow, and those are canadian prices on the Norinco, I'm very impressed, I'd say go with the Norinco regarding cost.

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Taurus PT1911's are fairly priced. Mine functions flawlessly. The only real down fall is that it does't feed every type of hollowpoint. You would have to do some experimenting.

Top Bottom