• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Installing new aftermarket trigger in a AR lower. Has several oil points and recemendes to coat the sear and hammer contact point with greese. Anyone got any that they highly recommend? - Thanks

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Gun slick brand graphite grease on the sear surface. It definately reduces trigger pull. I had a tuned trigger that would always pass tech inpection at the Camp Perry National Championships. I put a pin head worth of gun slick on the hammer and sear surface, and I failed the trigger inspection big time. I wiped it off with a "Q" tip that had WD-40 sprayed on it, and passed the trigger certtification with no other adjustment. You use very little, that tiny tube has lasted me about 25 years so far.

Before that I used Lubriplate white grease just as per the Armorers manual. It seemed to work fine also, but never was slick enough to cause me to fail tech inspection.

Last edited:

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Lubriplate

This is a good choice, as is white Lithium (which is a little easier to find). I saw graphite mentioned earlier, and graphite is a good choice if youre gonna keep your lower DRY. I would use graphite if extreme cold was a concern or if I had some pretty delicate parts in my trigger. Ive found Lithium and Lubriplate to be effective in actions, also. They dont cook off like fine oils and sit there, even if the gun sits upright for a year.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Steel Shield 'WeaponShield' brand gun oil and WeaponShield Fine Gun Grease....

...both available at MidwayUSA, AND many local gun shops....and NO, I don't work for them........

Last edited:
    Top Bottom