• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    As if there aren't enough reasons to carry, here is another from a paper in my area. Denied:1up! Software

MICHIGAN CITY - Two Michigan City men were severely injured after reportedly being beaten by teenagers in the 1700 block of Tennessee Street late Saturday night.

One man suffered bleeding on the brain and was air-lifted to South Bend Memorial. The other man had a broken eye socket and a cut on the back of his head that required staples.

Contacted Sunday night, one of the victims said he and the other victim were out of the hospital following observation.

Police said they responded at 11:54 p.m. Saturday to a report of a fight and called for an ambulance when they found the two men laying on the sidewalk in front of 1725 Tennessee St.

According to the police report, one man was holding the top of his head and a large pool of blood was around it. The other man was holding the first man's head and had "lots of blood on his face and head," police reported.

One of the injured men identified one of the alleged attackers as Thomas White, 18, 1707 Tennessee St., and a second juvenile. White was arrested at 3 a.m. at 210 E. 11th St. on a charge of illegal possession of alcohol.

Four witnesses reported seeing three boys hit the two men with what were described as broom sticks. All three boys were known to people in the neighborhood. Eyewitnesses saw them running toward 1707 Tennessee St.

The neighbor across the street from the fight told the boys he would let his dog out if they didn't stop, according to the police report. Four pieces of wood were found at the scene.

When police went to White's house, his mother came to the door with one of the boys. She said the boy had been with her all night.

The altercation reportedly began after the men, who had been sitting on a front porch, told the boys to be quiet as they came down the street creating a disturbance. The boys allegedly went to a residence and came back with the wooden sticks.

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    When police went to White's house, his mother came to the door with one of the boys. She said the boy had been with her all night :wtf:

What is wrong with parents today? If I would have done this my father would have beat the hell out of me then would have handed me over to the cops!:bat:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    If I would have done this my father would have beat the hell out of me then would have handed me over to the cops!:bat:
    Yeah... buddy!!!! The difference is that our parents actually cared how we turned out. Many parents these days simply see their children as meal tickets. Not to mention many have no father figure in their lives. Although..... that probably wouldn't be any better!!! :rolleyesedit:
    :cheers:

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    About 2 years ago, a group of 4 thugs beat a guy to death. No one in the neighborhood wanted to speak to the police because the PO-lice are just there to harass the black man and keep him down. Those same people then wanted to complain about how the PO-leece hadn't solved the problem of thugs in the neighborhood and how the PO-leece had it out for the black neighborhoods. Thankfully, the police were able to convince the neighborhood that they would solve the problem, if the neighbors just talked to them, and they caught the four punks and put them in prison.

bnatc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They should have arrested the kid for assault and the mother for obstructing justice.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    They should have arrested the kid for assault and the mother for obstructing justice.

You probably meant Battery and Assisting a Criminal. Problem is, an officer must either witness a misdemeanor, or have a warrant to arrest on it and a parent can't be charged with Assisting a Criminal.

I am sure they will arrest all of these kids eventually. It is probably better that they didn't make an arrest right away. Now they have time to investigate and build a rock solid case before making any charging decisions.

Last edited:

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    They need some good ole time in federal pound you in the ass prison. Then they will feel bubba's wooden broom stick ;)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I was told if I ever pull any stunts that I better turn myself in and get in jail becasue that would be the only place my parents couldn't get to me.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    They need some good ole time in federal pound you in the ass prison. Then they will feel bubba's wooden broom stick ;)

Or the lil delinquents would come out of the Federal Correctional University fully meshed into their new gang roles... Finishing School for Thugs on our tax dollar.

Not that I can come up with a good solution... other than caning. Just that to a segment of our youth jail time is a rite of passage. :xmad:

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    My Dad would have disowned me in a heartbeat if I had committed such an atrocious act... You see, my Dad was a simple, practical man who just managed to provide the basic material necessities for his family. But he did take the time along the way to teach us about right and wrong behavior... And, not surprisingly, each time I ignored his words of wisdom, I found myself confronted by some kind of problem, or trouble I could have just as easily avoided if I had just remembered to abide by what he taught us.

My Dad passed over on June 17, 1982. Why is it we don't fully realize the true value of a responsible father until we are older?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yea, this is really sad to hear. All could've been prevented with something simple as carrying a gun.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    When police went to White's house, his mother came to the door with one of the boys. She said the boy had been with her all night :wtf:

What is wrong with parents today? If I would have done this my father would have beat the hell out of me then would have handed me over to the cops!:bat:

i think we have the same dad!?! brother???:n00b:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Yeah, well the mother was probably the only parent that lived there, and, I'd assume, is probably only 14 years older than her son. Never got a chance to be an adult before becoming a parent.
    This sort of thing is happening in South Bend all the time. Happened on Sunday morning, most recently.

Top Bottom