• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I stopped going a couple years ago. Always hated the crowds and the guys thinking their derringer was worth 1k. (Pure example, I never wanted a derringer haha)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't like crowds any more than the next person (and I probably dislike them more than most), but if I go to a public event that is designed to attract a crowd, well: I willingly choose to deal with the crowd.

I've been to a handful of gun shows in the past few years, and rarely have I ever seen an earth-shattering deal that I couldn't get by going to the local gun shop. The laws of supply and demand being what they are, the large gun show crowds are keeping the gun show prices inflated. The last one I attended, I really went just to see/fondle things for later purchase decisions - and to hang out with my dad. There were crowds, but whatever. We just walked around more slowly.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Went to a show this week end . ( S. F. ).. There is a low budget bolt gun that I have turned down many times at 189.00 but I still keep an eye on for.. someday .

I saw one at this show for 485.00 --OBO .! Or best offer ? Ya mean he was willing to come down a little ? That was an argument waiting to happen .

I kept on walking . Maybe someone with a stroller wants to buy it .

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Thought this thread would be about "things" seen at gun shows.

I'm usually looking for a particular part or something and so end up rummaging around in piles of parts stuff. I sold a shotgun to a kid at a gun show once, had it in my backpack for sale. Later that day saw the same kid but he didn't have the shotgun anymore so I asked him where his shotgun was, "Sold it. Made twenty bucks". LOL. That figures.

I like the custom stuff. My son picked up a custom stock for his .17 last time we went together - really cool stuff.

Also like to look at the custom grips. Never can tell what you might find. Things made out of giraffe bone and what-not.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well, with all do respect you have no idea what this fella with the kids has on his plate. Maybe the kids don't have a mom, maybe the mom is sick, maybe he is just a good dad that wants to spend time with his kids. You honestly think he was having the best day? prolly not, I've been there my friend. Don't be so quick to judge.

Good point. Being considerate is a 2-way street.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I always have beans and beer for dinner the night before and eggs for breakfast. There are passive aggressive ways to get even, use them

WOW! Outing yourself as a gunshow cropduster. That takes some church bell sized nads. Hopefully you wield your WMD in a just way. ( Note I said just as there no humane way for what you described) :)

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Regarding kids being taken to gun shows... I take mine but never have taken a stroller inside. My kids (15f/14m/7m/5m) take a strong interest in firearms. It is a common bond we share and something spend a large amount of time with our weekend activities. Keeping children involved and interested in this as an activity/sport/civil right is important to preserving this right. If they don't learn it at home, I assure you they will not be learning it at school.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    AA&E i agree with YOU 100% .kudos to you for being a thoughtful parent . In this day and age wish we had more like you

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    I went down to the big Louisville gun show few years ago and the walkways between vendor table only had enough room for 2 guys to walk down side by side. It was so packed in there if 1 person stopped to look at something everyone behind him had to stop and wait....there was people flowing in the opposite direction way to tight to squeeze through. But that what they do to get more potential buys in....I haven't been to a gun show since.

Top Bottom