• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I just saw this today, and wow. I loved Reagan, but I was really to young to know how great he really was. Can we get someone like him to step into the oval office again?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS4yf723kmY&feature=related[/ame]

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Loved uncle Ronnie:rockwoot:, he rebuilt the military as it should have been done, along with pay increases along the way, he sent me and my marines to some "great" places. Of course like all of them he did have some downsides.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I just saw this today, and wow. I loved Reagan, but I was really to young to know how great he really was. Can we get someone like him to step into the oval office again?

We have someone like him in office. At tleast in the spend spend spend and week on immigration part.... The rest :dunno:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    don't forget, Reagan also signed the bill than banned civilian from ownership or transfer rights of any fully automatic weapon which was not registered as of May 19, 1986

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I sure liked him as President, he did alot of good restoring America after the Carter yrs.....but like some have said, it just amazes me at some of the wrong stuff he did. Of course he was anti-gun in CA, didn't like the Black Panthers walking around with guns scaring people so we'll just get rid of the guns....he was no cowboy. What Reagon had was being a good speaker, who ever commands the speech commands the people.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I sure liked him as President, he did alot of good restoring America after the Carter yrs.....but like some have said, it just amazes me at some of the wrong stuff he did. Of course he was anti-gun in CA, didn't like the Black Panthers walking around with guns scaring people so we'll just get rid of the guns....he was no cowboy. What Reagon had was being a good speaker, who ever commands the speech commands the people.

I agree, he was very captivating. He really didn't believe in much of what he said about personal freedom unfortunately. :(

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He was amazingly pro-freedom after having gone through the Johnson, Nixon, Carter years. I know you young people look at Reagan in a vacuum. This was back at a time when Lugar was fairly conservative compared to other politicians out there. Look how liberal we think he is now. You have to look at everything in the context of history.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    He was amazingly pro-freedom after having gone through the Johnson, Nixon, Carter years. I know you young people look at Reagan in a vacuum. This was back at a time when Lugar was fairly conservative compared to other politicians out there. Look how liberal we think he is now. You have to look at everything in the context of history.

I don't disagree with that. I'll say any day that I think he was the best of the recent presidents that we've had. (not that it's much of an accomplishment lol)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    don't forget, Reagan also signed the bill than banned civilian from ownership or transfer rights of any fully automatic weapon which was not registered as of May 19, 1986

He was between a rock and a hard place on that. The Democrats, and Rangel in particular, squeezed the Hughes Amendment in to the Firearm Owners Protection Act in an effort to defeat it. Reagan had to make a choice, thanks specifically to Rangel. No matter what Reagan did (sign or not sign) he was destined to be blasted by gunowners forever for it, and this was by design.

He signs it, we lose machine guns. He doesn't, we don't get the FOPA at all. And at the time, most people I knew thought there was NO WAY that would stand, constitutionally speaking.

Top Bottom