• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I still support the NRA and will continue to do so. I may not agree with what I hear and certainly don't agree with the overspending of Wayne but I do thoroughly support any lobby group that is in my corner.

The liberals do not have to much, they can just sit back and watch all the SINO's destroy their own. (SINO = Second In Name Only; similar to RINO) Yes Wayne did wrong but that doesn't mean we turn our back on the largest pro gun lobby around. Very similar to Trump in many ways. Pro gun advocates actually voted for Biden because they disliked Trump and Pro-gun advocates are stopping their support for the NRA.....both bad choices that will hurt in the long haul. The left loves it. They sit back and watch us eat our own.

I'll continue to support pro gun advocates any way I can. One we lose that battle, we lose everything.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I still support the NRA and will continue to do so. I may not agree with what I hear and certainly don't agree with the overspending of Wayne but I do thoroughly support any lobby group that is in my corner.

The liberals do not have to much, they can just sit back and watch all the SINO's destroy their own. (SINO = Second In Name Only; similar to RINO) Yes Wayne did wrong but that doesn't mean we turn our back on the largest pro gun lobby around. Very similar to Trump in many ways. Pro gun advocates actually voted for Biden because they disliked Trump and Pro-gun advocates are stopping their support for the NRA.....both bad choices that will hurt in the long haul. The left loves it. They sit back and watch us eat our own.

I'll continue to support pro gun advocates any way I can. One we lose that battle, we lose everything.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1013967/1

If they can succeed in weakening the support for the NRA they see a path to victory

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Well I certainly don't agree with the gun control groups, I think we have ourselves to blame as NRA members and gun rights supporters for letting Wayne LaPierre and his cronies get so out of control in the group.

If he were legitimate, the very fact of his presence is causing a problem would lead to his resignation either voluntarily or by demand from the group members.

My first concern about LaPierre was the first convention in Indy; I think it was 2014. There was a giant poster of Wayne LaPierre in the convention hall. An employee and lobbyist should be humble and effective not be the centerpiece. However I certainly can't take any credit for doing anything about my concern nor have I been particularly involved with NRA other than making some donations and inviting people to some charity NRA banquets.

The past year, I've been focusing my donations and support on other gun rights organizations.

We can't blame the anti-gun groups that we let someone abuse our main organization and we're still not able to get rid of him.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Directly from a board member of the NRA.

Another one.

Again I'll say this. This is MY OPINION. I am not portraying what is said above as FACTS. If you have any FACTS stating how you think the several board members of the NRA are innocent of what is being said about them, I'll be glad to read them and then make my decision.

Who can say who has the "facts"? Unless and until, there is verifiable proof of improprieties by NRA, I won`t accept hearsay and gossip and libel and slander as facts. Government has taken it upon themselves to attack NRA, and when they attack NRA, they attack US: NRA membership, and our ethics, values, and standards. Anyone who aids and abets this government and outrageous, so called "media", by attacking NRA without SOLID proof of what they`re saying, is a part of the problem.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can`t abide attacks on NRA. I`ve been as vocal as anyone about grievances with NRA, and certain grievances are valid, but not at the expense of our Second Amendment rights.

I`m an NRA Life-Endowment member, and a GOA annual member. If I had it to do over again, I`d be a GOA life member and annual NRA member. I`ve seen NRA fold too many times, or simply not show up at all, and GOA is a bulldog. But I still will NOT aid and assist liberals and anti-America vermin in attacking NRA. When they attack NRA, they`re attacking us, our values, our Natural Rights, and our very ability to defend who, and what we care about.

For all it`s flaws, warts, and troubles, NRA is STILL a viable and important ally in the fight against these godless, anti-America demons.
    I'm coming around to this conclusion as well. Even though I cannot stand WLP. The NRA/ILA is the ones doing the battles in courts. Are the ILA funds separate from normal NRA funds? Can you donate to the ILA directly or does it all go through the NRA?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm coming around to this conclusion as well. Even though I cannot stand WLP. The NRA/ILA is the ones doing the battles in courts. Are the ILA funds separate from normal NRA funds? Can you donate to the ILA directly or does it all go through the NRA?
    Serious question. What court battles has the NRA fought? I've seen battles from the Second Amendment foundation and other organizations but not from the NRA

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Okay, but you said they did the cart battles. So I'm not arguing with you so much as I'm asking for which court battles you are referring to
    I've seen other post by members to actual news articles about it and it's a lot more than I ever knew. Just search the forum on NRA and there are multiple threads with what the ILA has done all around the United States.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Does anyone actually stop supporting the USA when they get a president they do not like in office? Stop supporting and openly hope for its downfall?

Stupid question because we see it every day; even in a pro gun forum. But that does not stop me and should not be stopping any pro-gun, pro-USA, pro- constitution individual from supporting and fighting for what is right.

Enter NRA. Strong 2A supporter over many years. Fought battles, provided education and so much more. Enter Wayne, things seemly change and all of a sudden, Wayne is a bad guy - the bad guy of the NRA and POOF, just like that - people stop supporting the NRA.

How shallow is one's support if one person's bad habits can make you turn your back on all the good the NRA has done, in so many areas? When the going gets tough, I'm otta here! Yes, the battle is seemingly always someone else's problem.

In a real battle, who will fight for what is "right" or run off when things do not go your way? Who's side are you really playing when you stop support because of one person? The same holds true for Trump/Biden.

I don't want you covering my back.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Does anyone actually stop supporting the USA when they get a president they do not like in office? Stop supporting and openly hope for its downfall?
    What? I don't think I've seen anyone support the downfall of the United States that are conservatives. I see people predicting it and they have very good reasons for those predictions. However, wishing the demise of the country because Biden is in office no. That would be a Democrat thing. Democrats would and did their best to destroy and ruin the country while Trump was in office. I believe most conservatives are waiting for 2022 to set things right again.

Since when is embezzlement just a bad habit?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

I will support any pro-2a group with my time and my vote, but my money only goes to the GOA. Why would I give $100 to both nra and GOA when I could give it all to GOA?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    What? I don't think I've seen anyone support the downfall of the United States that are conservatives. I see people predicting it and they have very good reasons for those predictions. However, wishing the demise of the country because Biden is in office no. That would be a Democrat thing. Democrats would and did their best to destroy and ruin the country while Trump was in office. I believe most conservatives are waiting for 2022 to set things right again.

Since when is embezzlement just a bad habit?
    Voting for a person who will knowingly hurt the USA just because you do not like the personality of another person.....well, in some ways that is wishing demise on the USA because of ones hatred for one person. Jeopardizing this country is jeopardizing my welfare.
    I see similar attacks on the NRA. (even in this forum)

Just sayin'

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Voting for a person who will knowingly hurt the USA just because you do not like the personality of another person.....well, in some ways that is wishing demise on the USA because of ones hatred for one person. Jeopardizing this country is jeopardizing my welfare.
    I see similar attacks on the NRA. (even in this forum)

Just sayin'
    I very much dislike WLP. However, as others have pointed out with actual news the ILA is very actively fighting for the 2nd Amendment.

Midway USA shows that they have collected almost 20 million for the NRA. That might pay for WLP's defense attorneys. That's a lot of dollars wasted on embezzlement plus the money he allegedly embezzled. I don't think Col North was lying about it.

I am very upset about WLP. However, I'm seeing the good the ILA is doing and would gladly support it if I knew the money went directly to them and not a penny toward WLP.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Okay, but you said they did the cart battles. So I'm not arguing with you so much as I'm asking for which court battles you are referring to
    There are several court cases listed on the first page. Go back in history if you want. Much of what the NRA doesn't get publicized. I wonder why? (rhetorical, so don't think you are enlightening me if you respond)

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Personally, I have no problem with La Pierre. He`s been a lightning rod for liberal scum, and he`s stood tall through it. If the media attacks and insults him, I have to admire him. The liars and frauds in the "media" ARE the lowest common denominator, and they seek out and trash those who oppose them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I very much dislike WLP. However, as others have pointed out with actual news the ILA is very actively fighting for the 2nd Amendment.

Midway USA shows that they have collected almost 20 million for the NRA. That might pay for WLP's defense attorneys. That's a lot of dollars wasted on embezzlement plus the money he allegedly embezzled. I don't think Col North was lying about it.

I am very upset about WLP. However, I'm seeing the good the ILA is doing and would gladly support it if I knew the money went directly to them and not a penny toward WLP.
    I wouldn`t assume that north is the person you think he is. He`s been tied to his very own scandal's you know...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I will support any pro-2a group with my time and my vote, but my money only goes to the GOA. Why would I give $100 to both nra and GOA when I could give it all to GOA?
    As much as I like and support GOA, they don`t have the numbers NRA does. You shouldn`t need this explained.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Last I seen 2015 data GoA has a little over 100,000. I imagine that it has more now but not 5 million the NRA has.
    I1ve "heard", that GOA, some time back was supposedly flirting with 2 million, and that the vast majority of those were NRA members as well. It`s hard to get real numbers, and I believe it has to be by design. The rumors of how many members there are may be a bteer motivator for elected employees, especially if the rumored numbers are higher than actual.

Top Bottom