• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Cabela's is running $20 off an RCBS starter kit (Single Stage Press) so it comes out to $299.99.

Also RCBS have a $50 rebate when you buy $300 or more of RCBS products. So add the RCBS dies or shell holders for the press and you can then use this rebate. http://www.rcbs.com/pdf/RC184_RCBSCoupon.pdf
    Rebate is valid until 31 MAR 11.

There is also a $10 rebate with a $50+ RCBS purchase as well for those that don't want to buy anything else.
    RCBS Offers Attractive Mail-In Rebates: $50 Off and $10 Off « Daily Bulletin

The press got good reviews from what I can see. The scale is about the only thing some people did not like (too cheap-o). So what say ya experience re-loaders? Good deal? :dunno:

Here is pic of the kit
    s7_214924_999_alt04_01

and
    s7_214924_999_04

RC Supreme Press
    5-0-5 Powder Scale
    Uniflow™ Powder Measure
    Speer No. 14 Reloading Manual
    Hand Priming Tool
    Hex Key Set
    Case Loading Block
    Case Lube Kit
    Powder Funnel and Deburring Tool.

Last edited:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    By the time you get the rebates (you missed the $20 off $150 or more that expired on Sunday from Cabela's), it is less than wholesale.

Buy it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Better single stage than a Dillon?

I don't think that is an even comparison. This RCBS product is a single stage press where as Dillion's current line up is all multi-stage progressives (except for the .50 but that is in a whole other ball park).

A better comparison would be this vs other single stage presses like LEEs, Hornady, etc.

Now if you are comparing customer service that would be different. From all that I have read Hornady, RCBS, and Dillon all have top-notch customer service.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That is virtually my set up that I use. I don't have the RCBS powder hopper but will soon upgrade to one.

It looks like a set of calipers and a tumbler and you are good to go!

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    This is a pretty good deal, and I personally wouldn't recommend anything other than RCBS for a single stage. And the scale is not cheap-o. It is just not electronic, which requires some work and effort on behalf of the reloader to understand and be maticulous with what they are doing. I think some people are just lazy. (I use an electronic scale too, for the record, so I am not implying that all people who use them are lazy.)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Rock Chucker

About a zillion reloaders have started out with a Rock Chucker kit. Some move on to a progressive but it's a great way to start. That is a good buy, too.

Top Bottom