• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I listened to that statement and press conference by the widow and two attorneys. They said there would only be justice if they got convictions on all charges. I am not sure a jury will feel safe if they don’t.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I listened to that statement and press conference by the widow and two attorneys. They said there would only be justice if they got convictions on all charges. I am not sure a jury will feel safe if they don’t.

I'm not sure I'd trust a jury over a bench trial.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Standard "street wisdom" (yes, that's an oxymoron) used to be always ask for a jury trial if you know you're guilty and a bench trial if you're not. Don't think that's valid in this environment. Even a change of venue won't be worth diddly-squat in front of a jury.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Standard "street wisdom" (yes, that's an oxymoron) used to be always ask for a jury trial if you know you're guilty and a bench trial if you're not. Don't think that's valid in this environment. Even a change of venue won't be worth diddly-squat in front of a jury.
    Would the identity of the judge be public?

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Because if you stop the video at JUST the right point you could say he's kicking Brooks.

"If you play the video backwards, you'll see that we helped Mr. King up and sent him on his way" - Bill Hicks (doing an impression of one of the LAPD officers testifying on the stand)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    LaPorte
    I would almost ask if there was a good or bad Mayor, or State's Attorney here. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was looking into this incident when the officer was fired. (Strike One against the Mayor and the State's Attorney) The Mayor makes inflammatory statements about the police department and how she is "pissed off" that this happened. (Strike Two against the Mayor) The State's Attorney is fighting a recall election bid in which this incident happens and he did what he did. (Strike Two against the State's Attorney) The Mayor now concedes that "morale is down ten fold" and some officers have not either reported for duty or are not taking calls. (Strike Three against the Mayor) The State's Attorney is also under investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation for mismanagement of taxpayer funds to supplement his own salary. (Strike Three against the State's Attorney)

I'm not going to go into the relative merits and demerits of any political party. This incident will be decided in the courts. The Mayor and the State's Attorney jumped the gun so to speak. The officer(s) were fired prior to any investigation into the incident. That merits both of them (The Mayor and the State's Attorney) being removed from office. The sooner the better.

Sure, I understand there are bad police officers. Fortunately, most of them are weeded out during the hiring process. Some, however, become problems during their employment, and most of them are disciplined internally or discharged in accordance with the respective departments' policies. There are the very few that rise to the level of criminality. These are dealt with criminally and generally harshly.

It should go the same way for politicians, who have pandered to the "protesters", anarchists, and criminals. We need to be vigilant, and vote with our conscience. This is OUR country, not the country of our politicians. They work for us, not the other way around.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I would almost ask if there was a good or bad Mayor, or State's Attorney here. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was looking into this incident when the officer was fired. (Strike One against the Mayor and the State's Attorney) The Mayor makes inflammatory statements about the police department and how she is "pissed off" that this happened. (Strike Two against the Mayor) The State's Attorney is fighting a recall election bid in which this incident happens and he did what he did. (Strike Two against the State's Attorney) The Mayor now concedes that "morale is down ten fold" and some officers have not either reported for duty or are not taking calls. (Strike Three against the Mayor) The State's Attorney is also under investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation for mismanagement of taxpayer funds to supplement his own salary. (Strike Three against the State's Attorney)

I'm not going to go into the relative merits and demerits of any political party. This incident will be decided in the courts. The Mayor and the State's Attorney jumped the gun so to speak. The officer(s) were fired prior to any investigation into the incident. That merits both of them (The Mayor and the State's Attorney) being removed from office. The sooner the better.

Sure, I understand there are bad police officers. Fortunately, most of them are weeded out during the hiring process. Some, however, become problems during their employment, and most of them are disciplined internally or discharged in accordance with the respective departments' policies. There are the very few that rise to the level of criminality. These are dealt with criminally and generally harshly.

It should go the same way for politicians, who have pandered to the "protesters", anarchists, and criminals. We need to be vigilant, and vote with our conscience. This is OUR country, not the country of our politicians. They work for us, not the other way around.

Our mayor sucks. I’m betting he would follow the Atlanta and Minneapolis mayors in his decisions.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Looks like they caught the girlfriend of Brooks who "allegedly" torched the Wendys in Atlanta. Which I find strange as Brooks' wife and children have been appearing on the news daily with the family attorneys. :)

https://newsone.com/3964672/rayshard-brooks-girlfriend-arrested-suspect-wendys-fire/

scratch.gif

Jones1776

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    fort wayne
    I would say a good shoot since the guy had the cops taser. The suspect could of tasered the cop and then took his gun. I believe the cop had reasonable threat to his life

Top Bottom