• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I've looked at both, and they seem about the same price, but I can't figure out which is better. I'll be using it for concealment and for duty (armored cash logistics).

I know its really up to personal preference, but I'd like some pros and cons from ya'lls perspective. It will be holding my G23.

I need help. I'm using a super cheap and annoying Fobus paddle. Very much not working for me.:ar15::draw:

Last edited:

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have samples from both companies. For concealed carry I much prefer the Raven. It sits closer to the body, rides higher and the kydex is not as thick. My Bladetech holsters are of excellent quality and are made of thicker kydex. I think they are probably sturdier. I have had the Bladetechs for about 10 years, and the Raven for 3. The only problem I have had is losing one of the Chicago screws from the Raven. But that was my fault.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    In my opinion i would say that if you were going to conceal it most of the tine the Raven is prolly a little easier to conceal. The blade tech is a great holster as well but with a bit more bulk. To carry open on a belt i would say Blade tech, If i were going to conceal it inside the wasteband it would be the Raven :twocents:

Last edited:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I just bought a Blade-Tech for my GSG 1911 and am very impressed with it. I got the one with the tek lock and the drop and offset mount. I have no personal experience with Raven but plan to pick one up in the future. Keep in mind also that you would have to get a Raven at the 1500 or wait a while to get one. Or look at something with some retention like- Safariland Model 6377 Holster - ALS Belt Holster
    I have this holster for my G23 and love it.

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    I use both manufacturers. Actually, I prefer Raven, but due to the waiting time I wouldn't hesitate to use Blade Tech.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I work in the same field. I had a Bladetech before I bought my Raven. I love the raven so much more. It hugs the body closer and doesn't hang up as much on things inside the truck.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As much as I like my Raven IWB, my 10+ yo, modified/repaired Blade Tech IWB is my EDC holster. Raven Concealment does a good job with their holsters and fully stands behind everything they make and I like their holsters for all of the reasons stated above.

The Blade-Tech IWB that I use is modded with a different clip (because I broke the first one and didn't want to send the holster back to Blade-Tech for a new one) and it works well for situations where I have to remove my pistol/holster before I go into work. It's sturdy and has held together well, despite my drilling holes in the sight tunnel (I like to tinker).

My experience with the FOBUS paddle holster was uniformly bad; it failed after only about a month of use and NEVER wanted to keep its position. I've heard there are folks who like their FOBUS holsters, but I'll never buy another one.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    sorry guys, I prefer Fobus .

Your opinion doesn't matter because you are new
    See how I did that? That means I am being sarcastic, as I hope you are.

If you really mean that you "like" your fobus, then okay. But to say that you prefer it over the Raven Phantom and a Blade-tech implies that you own or have personally tried all three and truly believe that the fobus is better in some way or another. I hope that the later is not true.

And to the OP, I like my Raven, but I can not comment on the blade tech because I do not own one. Have been considering one due to the availability of them and their good reputation though.

Top Bottom