• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ha ha thats fantastic, its too bad the hospital couldn't refuse to treat the lowlife.

But why anyone would want to own a poisonous snake is beyond me. Too dangerous imo.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    Ha ha thats fantastic, its too bad the hospital couldn't refuse to treat the lowlife.

But why anyone would want to own a poisonous snake is beyond me. Too dangerous imo.

No more dangerous than a lot of things we deal with every day, you just have to know what you're doing. That said, I do not know what I'm doing, and have no desire myself to have a venomous animal share my apartment. Poetic justice.......

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    +1 for the snake. To bad it wasn't an adult.

It would be worse to be bitten by a juvenile rattlesnake because they are unable to control the amount of venom they pump out, the way an adult snake can. The venom is identical as far as toxicity between a juvenile and adult.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    No more dangerous than a lot of things we deal with every day, you just have to know what you're doing. That said, I do not know what I'm doing, and have no desire myself to have a venomous animal share my apartment. Poetic justice.......

Sure its no more dangerous that things we do every day. But I have to drive to work, some have to work construction to pay the bills, some work on oil rigs, some work in coal mines.

You have to get to work and do your job, but you don't have to own a venomous snake. There is a difference. But then again I think its dumb to go sky diving and bungy jumping and millions of people do that too. Maybe I'm just a wuss lol.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    eastern massasauga rattlesnake

I can't believe this, of all the things in the world to steal, a snake

The snake mentioned in the article is a eastern massasauga rattlesnake

Here is a website with info and pics if you are interested:
    DNR - Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake (Sistrurus catenatus catenatus)

A useful fact from the website:

"When compared to other rattlesnakes found in the United States, the massasauga is the smallest and has the least toxic venom."

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=1&ct=image&ved=0CBYQ9QEwAA

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sure its no more dangerous that things we do every day. But I have to drive to work, some have to work construction to pay the bills, some work on oil rigs, some work in coal mines.

You have to get to work and do your job, but you don't have to own a venomous snake. There is a difference. But then again I think its dumb to go sky diving and bungy jumping and millions of people do that too. Maybe I'm just a wuss lol.

If that's the definition of a wuss, then you aren't alone.

Why anyone would willingly pay money to jump out of a perfectly good plane is beyond comprehension to me.

Top Bottom