• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've got to admit, I'm getting tempted to start watching again. I was a big fan in the Reggie Miller era, but lost interest when the team got too "thuggy". Seems like a good group of guys now.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I've got to admit, I'm getting tempted to start watching again. I was a big fan in the Reggie Miller era, but lost interest when the team got too "thuggy". Seems like a good group of guys now.
    The only pro sports I watch regularly is the NFL and Rugby. I've been watching the NBA playoffs and enjoying it. Although the officiating seems sketchy. Pacers took a beating Tuesday night.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Watching the game last night, I kept asking out loud, "Who are the clowns in the lower left hand part of the screen who keep jumping out of their seats and almost walking on the court when celebrating anything the Knicks did?" Seems it was John Starks. I'm surprised a Pacers player didn't have an encounter with him and his buddies about it because there were a few times the Knicks scored a big basket and he was almost on the court and a Pacers player had to get the ball and inbound it right next to him.

As for the game, the Pacers were outrebounded 53 to 29. Tough to win a game that way. Also, Indiana had 18 turnovers - double that of the Knicks. Damn.

I still think the officiating sucked. A moving screen can be called on 80% of the picks during a game, but the Knicks seem to be better at just flopping off the screen and the Pacers are called for it. I hate the flopping. Soft ass players.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Watching the game last night, I kept asking out loud, "Who are the clowns in the lower left hand part of the screen who keep jumping out of their seats and almost walking on the court when celebrating anything the Knicks did?" Seems it was John Starks. I'm surprised a Pacers player didn't have an encounter with him and his buddies about it because there were a few times the Knicks scored a big basket and he was almost on the court and a Pacers player had to get the ball and inbound it right next to him.

As for the game, the Pacers were outrebounded 53 to 29. Tough to win a game that way. Also, Indiana had 18 turnovers - double that of the Knicks. Da

As for the game, the Pacers were outrebounded 53 to 29. Tough to win a game that way. Also, Indiana had 18 turnovers - double that of the Knicks. Damn.

I still think the officiating sucked. A moving screen can be called on 80% of the picks during a game, but the Knicks seem to be better at just flopping off the screen and the Pacers are called for it. I hate the flopping. Soft ass players.
    It seems like the floor seating is almost on the court.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Winning in MSG.

after i eliminated all MSG from my diet.

Except my Stock Portfolia.

Somehow I win either way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I never understood why we didn't keep Rick Carlisle around the first time he coached the Pacers. Then again, I supported Ryan Leaf, 'nuff said about my pro-sports talent evaluations! He went on to win a championship with another team. Players play, coaches coach, so winning a championship with Dallas isn't on him solely. He was there and contributed, however; kudos to him.

A couple of interesting notes about coach I didn't know before this series... He is one of only eleven to win a championship as a player and a coach. I didn't know he played professionally, let alone him being a champion. He was teamates with Larry Bird. Larry Bird campained for Carlisle to be the coach before the team decided to hire Isiah Thomas. After Thomas was gone, Carlisle came to be the Pacers coach. Larry Bird is the Pacer that ultimately fired Carlisle. Talk about full circle.

I don't watch the NBA for a multitude of reasons. But I am cheering for the Pacers as it would be quite the accomplishment to appear in the conference finals. With that said, I believe winning game seven will be equivalent to a coin flip, 50/50. Both teams are capable of winning this series (or better stated, both are capable of losing). Who wants it more?

A couple points of order: the Pacers were hosed by the refs in the '99 - '00 finals. Straight ephing hosed. The refs are extremely likely to influence the result in game seven tomorrow, if you catch my drift.

Top Bottom