• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    NRAStore.com - Product Detail

Seems pretty cool. Says its plastic coated so it doesn't scratch your gun. Might buy one.

24385PS.jpg

Description Immediate Firearm Access --- Anywhere! Mount our super strong Gun Magnet under counters, desktops or drawers. On metal surfaces like filing cabinets, you may not have to mount it with screws! Strong enough to support up to 10 lbs., the Gun Magnet is ideal for concealing automatics and revolvers where you can get them --- fast! Coated with thick, tough plastic to protect your firearm’s finish, it also allows a convenient swiveling action when attached to your handgun’s barrel or slide. Comes ready to mount with 2 grommet holes. Mounting hardware not included. Imported.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Explain to me how using this doesn't eventually magnetize your gun, which would then pick up all sorts of little dirt pieces of crap all over it...
    :n00b::dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Explain to me how using this doesn't eventually magnetize your gun, which would then pick up all sorts of little dirt pieces of crap all over it...

The one advertised here? No clue. It probably does.

The FASTholster guy at the 1500 said that because they use three separate magnets, the magnets used can be smaller and thus, spread the magnetic force over a larger area... He also demonstrated how one of them would hold a full size shottie, so it's not like they're weak.

Note that this is what I heard the rep say. I think over time, yes, even the FASTholster probably does the same.

Blessings,
    Bill

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County

Annie, I've used two for probably two years now and my Kel-Tec PF-9 will pick up and hold paper clips. The G36 hasn't become magnetized. I guessing it's the size different. I've shot it several times since finding out it likes paperclips and it doesn't seem to affect it.
    It also seems to be only one spot on the gun that has become magnetized.
    2qth1mc.jpg

zvzcya.jpg

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Dogman, what part of the gun is it that's holding those? It's not the slide itself, right? The take-down pin?

And Annie, even if the steel of a slide were SLIGHTLY magnetized.... So? Most cartridges are brass or aluminum. If I were worried, I'd not use steel-cased.

Projectiles are copper and lead... again, not magnetic.

Primers aren't iron-based.

Neither is the powder contained within the cartridge.

In short, there's really not much that'd give trouble.

If worried about residual magnetism allowing things to stick to your firearm... It would only be iron-based "crud" that does it. There are very few places where iron-based crud would be just floating/flying around in the atmosphere. And I certainly wouldn't want to go to those places.

-J-

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Dogman, what part of the gun is it that's holding those? It's not the slide itself, right? The take-down pin?

And Annie, even if the steel of a slide were SLIGHTLY magnetized.... So? Most cartridges are brass or aluminum. If I were worried, I'd not use steel-cased.

Projectiles are copper and lead... again, not magnetic.

Primers aren't iron-based.

Neither is the powder contained within the cartridge.

In short, there's really not much that'd give trouble.

If worried about residual magnetism allowing things to stick to your firearm... It would only be iron-based "crud" that does it. There are very few places where iron-based crud would be just floating/flying around in the atmosphere. And I certainly wouldn't want to go to those places.

-J-

The part is the assembly pin, part 427 if you have a PF-9, and no the slide is not magnetized. JMO, any magnetism would be so minimal that it won't affect the gun shooting.

Top Bottom