Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    How many rds on the Taurus M66?
    Has it been reliable, no issues?
    7 rds. & has adjustable rear sights.
    I bought it to replace my SW 6 rd.
    I've had it only since this past January & only put 150 rds. through it.

Previous owner was a trusted member that I've bought from in the past & love to get his guns b/c he gives them great care.
    He had put 1500 rounds through it in some sort of competition, shooting mostly .38 special.

gun in box with several speed strips.jpg left side cylinder out.jpg left side.jpg right side.jpg

DAO x5 rds at 3.75" circles shooting reloads at 21'.
    Range 1st visit p2 38 sp 21ft  3.75in Circles.jpg

DA & SA & free hand at 30', 21' & 15' shooting 38 sp rds.
    Range 2nd visit 15, 21 & 30ft.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Taurus revolvers are so underrated. I have 3. No complaints at all.
    Older, early 1990's models were excellent, based on the older S&W revolvers...their newer stuff, I never found anything worth betting my life on! Had a model 850 (DAO .38) that went back for warranty work twice (2x) and never got fixed...and I never went back with Taurus!

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Older, early 1990's models were excellent, based on the older S&W revolvers...their newer stuff, I never found anything worth betting my life on! Had a model 850 (DAO .38) that went back for warranty work twice (2x) and never got fixed...and I never went back with Taurus!
    Only one I ever owned is my used Taurus 96 22lr which looks a lot like the old Smith 17. In fact when I first saw it in the display case at the gun store that's what I thought it was. Then I seen the price was way low for a 17 and then I saw the grips were not Smith grips. Then realized it was a Taurus.

Looked the gun over on couple visits and decided to take a chance. The single action is not nearly as crisp as a Smith revolver but still not bad. The accuracy is actually quite good , better than I expected. I did replace the grips with Hogues. Luckily my lone Taurus is a pretty good one!
    Taurus 96.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Only one I ever owned is my used Taurus 96 22lr which looks a lot like the old Smith 17. In fact when I first saw it in the display case at the gun store that's what I thought it was. Then I seen the price was way low for a 17 and then I saw the grips were not Smith grips. Then realized it was a Taurus.

Looked the gun over on couple visits and decided to take a chance. The single action is not nearly as crisp as a Smith revolver but still not bad. The accuracy is actually quite good , better than I expected. I did replace the grips with Hogues. Luckily my lone Taurus is a pretty good one!
    I still have one older nickle Taurus 85 (early 1990's build) .38 Special that is dead-bang accurate with 158 grain loads! I've actually carried it in the past until I discovered Smith & Wesson's J-Framed 360 series of revolvers...but kept the Taurus! My dad has asked about getting a little handgun for 'around the house' and I have no qualms about giving him the Taurus!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a model 44 made in 1992.
    It looks identical to the ones made now.
    My question for you. Has something changed that I'm not seeing between my old model 44 and the newer ones?
    Mine
    20200731_053926.png

Newer version
    1715401259672.png
    Other than mine is polished stainless they are identical.

Top Bottom