Range superstitions. Anybody have one?..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Not sure if OCD or superstition, but all firearms must be laying with the grips pointing right, at all times. Rifles, handguns, shotguns, etc. The mags must be on the left side of the bench. The ammo in the center. Also, I never, ever use the right-most lane. Not sure why.
    Not me...I'm just the opposite. I always chose to shoot from the right-most lane if I can, preferably against the wall.

Reason~ Most folks are right handed, therefore, they hold thier guns in the right hand to shoot and more importantly, to eject or reload a new mag into it. That said, what direction do most people point/sweep the muzzle of their gun when their ejecting/inserting a fresh mag, reloading a cylinder, etc.? The left..

Next time you're at a public range, watch for left-side muzzle sweeping from just about everyone at the line. It will shock (and probably alarm) you at what you see....

My personal preference is to stay as safe as I can by being on the shooter's right. ;)

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    When I replace the ammo in my carry guns with fresh ones, I have to shoot the old ones out instead of unloading them. The only time I unload mags is shooting target ammo. I also have to leave the range with the same amount of mags loaded as I arrived with. I also have to carry a different gun on me than I am shooting, I'm paranoid that when I drop the guns off at home and go eat that I will get stopped for a shooting investigation and they find I have a recently fired gun on me.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    When I replace the ammo in my carry guns with fresh ones, I have to shoot the old ones out instead of unloading them. The only time I unload mags is shooting target ammo. I also have to leave the range with the same amount of mags loaded as I arrived with. I also have to carry a different gun on me than I am shooting, I'm paranoid that when I drop the guns off at home and go eat that I will get stopped for a shooting investigation and they find I have a recently fired gun on me.

:popcorn: Those aren't superstitions...........it's OCD and being paranoid. :D

Oh dear heavens.....................I do the same things!!!!! :laugh:

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    I always leave enough ammo in my my glove box to fill the mag on my carry gun when Im done. Because I have no self control and shoot up everything I brought.

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I don't walk past the firing line till everyone else has, seen an accidental discharge, and have been paranoid ever since, but I figure if every one else is walking out, there's no fingers left to pull triggers.

Top Bottom