• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I took my new and first AR to the range today.

It was a beautiful day the sun was shinning off of my long blond hair and my well trained body was........ well enough about that.

I didn't know much about this upper but I had read a couple of posts from guys that were looking for them and when I asked Jason at Elmores he told me that they were a quality .22 upper.

They come with a top rail but no rear sight so I selected the troy industries folding battle sight (120.00).

Troybattlesight.jpg

I chose a Rock River lower with the adjustable stock (425.00).

I had a problem on the first 4 shots, it would fire but then the trigger wouldn't fire the next shot without pulling the charging handle.

After trying several different brands of ammo I noticed that the trigger was not returning but if you pushed it forward it worked fine. This only lasted for 20 or so rounds and then it started to function properly most of the time and after 150 rounds it was working fine.

The sights were verry close straight out of the box, the front sight needs to go down some but I didn't have anything to adjust it with me so that will have to wait untill next time.

I was told that this upper does not use a gas block and is cycled by a spring.

I love the gun and the only thing I didn't like was the hand guard and trigger but I'm used to a MarkII with a Volq trigger.

I tried several other ARs and the triggers all felt the same untill I tried one that had a Chip McCorick Trigger group in it so I bought one (200.00).

I just finished installing it and it was very easy and I can't wait to try it out.

I really recomend this upper for an economical way to train with an AR.

Last edited:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I really recommend this upper for an economical way to train with an AR.

Yeah, sounds pretty cheap. How much cash you got in that bad boy again :):

Careful though, if the 22 ARs are anything like their big brothers, you'll have a problem with only keeping the one :rockwoot:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yeah, sounds pretty cheap. How much cash you got in that bad boy again :):

Careful though, if the 22 ARs are anything like their big brothers, you'll have a problem with only keeping the one :rockwoot:

I don't plan on getting any other ARs.... I know famous last words but I wouldn't have bought this except that it was .22lr

If all you did was buy the upper and the rear sight it was only 750.00 :rolleyes:

So far I only have 1400.00 in the whole thing....:nuts:... for a .22 plinker.

I save money every time I pull the trigger, and I plan to pull it a lot.:D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Sweet. How 'easy' was it? Were you able to covertly buy the stuff today, or is MI6 (wife) zeroing in on the score? Can your partner and fellow secret agent daughter be trusted with said info? lol.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sweet. How 'easy' was it? Were you able to covertly buy the stuff today, or is MI6 (wife) zeroing in on the score? Can your partner and fellow secret agent daughter be trusted with said info? lol.

Well I decided to pass on the other Mark II for right now so I had 500.00 more to spend.

I suspect that the wife knows something but wants to ignore it.

The daughter is trust worthy because I take her shooting.;)

I also have 3 more mags and I'm waiting for a front rail to come in and I guess that I should have an Aimpoint for it.

Is it wrong to have over 2000.00 in a .22lr plinking gun?:laugh:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Your daughter is going to turn out to be the next USPSA model women's shooter. You better watch out, you are the sourcebread for her developing shooting HABITS!
    :):

Well I decided to pass on the other Mark II for right now so I had 500.00 more to spend.

I suspect that the wife knows something but wants to ignore it.

The daughter is trust worthy because I take her shooting.;)

I also have 3 more mags and I'm waiting for a front rail to come in and I guess that I should have an Aimpoint for it.

Is it wrong to have over 2000.00 in a .22lr plinking gun?:laugh:

Top Bottom