• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    In another thread about atterbury closing, some said they drive 20 miles down the road to shoot. Anyone have an idea here this is? I need a new place to shoot my rifles with atterbury closing. I live in the greenwood area.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Hamilton County Fish & Game is a great range. There is a pistol bay and a rifle range with benches at 100 yards as well as 150 yards. You can check it out at the following link and if you would like to talk about you can call me any time. Hanhttp://hcfg.org/

RD Woods 317-849-9425

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm probably the one you were referring to. Atterbury, Eagle Creek, and Marion County Fish & Game were all about equidistant (20-23 miles) from my location in SE Indy. Hamilton is 35 miles for me. You might want to check their web sites and figure out which are closest to you. Also, check out their rules and visit the actual range sites before committing. If you want to go to MCFG, I'd be happy to bring you along as a guest sometime.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    DNR: Atterbury

ATTERBURY PUBLIC SHOOTING RANGE UPDATE

Beginning Saturday, January 2, 2010, the Atterbury Public Shooting Range will be open on weekends, operated by property personnel and volunteers until a concessionaire is contracted to run the range. Hours of operation will be 9 AM to 5 PM on Saturdays and noon to 5 PM on Sundays at both ranges. Previously established fees will continue to be charged as follows:

Rifle-Pistol Range
    The hourly rate on the rifle-pistol range will be $7.00 for the first hour and $5.00 for additional hours.

Shotgun Range
    A round of trap or skeet will be $6.00 per round.

Cash or checks with proper identification will be accepted. Credit/debit cards can not be used for payment at this time. Concessions (merchandise, soft drinks, etc.) will not be offered for sale. Existing annual passes will be honored.

If additional information is needed, please call 812-526-6552 or 812-526-2051.

Top Bottom