• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Hit Roush Lake today to run a few mags thru the new 45acp AR Pistol build. Pistol ran great with all 4 mags. Had to do some fine tuning with the buffer weight, but it’s dialed in and shoots really well. The daughter liked it quite a bit but I already gave her a 1911 to use at the range this one is mine! Still waiting for a couple pieces to finish it up and eventually a suppressor.
    24c358a87be724ce1d63d6f9dc6df4ce.jpg

d79583eaeea61cf2e4b914b7e046896a.jpg

da5ef4bb54bebbd9570208583c1f35b0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    So I'm guessing blow back. How's the recoil and did it deform the spent casing much? Trying to decide on my next build if it's worthwhile to use the cmmg delayed or the Macon armory di setup.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    So I'm guessing blow back. How's the recoil and did it deform the spent casing much? Trying to decide on my next build if it's worthwhile to use the cmmg delayed or the Macon armory di setup.

The recoil was negligible. My daughter didn't have any trouble with it at all. Those are her targets in the post.
    It is blow back operated. I think I would go with the CMMG delayed before the DI, just personal preference. The CMMG 45 combo is not in stock anywhere I could find and a bit pricey for a barrel and BCG.
    I reduced the buffer weight from 10oz to about 7.5oz because it was deforming the mouth of the case just a bit. Was running fine after that. I may add some weight back if i get a suppressor. Overall it's a blast to shoot.

Top Bottom