• ...and so much more!
  • bdwarr6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    So I think I am going to cave and buy these

91954050318459749633.jpg

There is no real purpose for the hat, other than I absolutely love it, just sick of wearing jeans and a sweat shirt to go shooting in, and winding up with junk all over them. Has anyone ever had experience with these pants, or know a store that sells them, I was a bit sketch about them but I know under armor makes quality clothing so I am not to hesitant to try them. I am open to suggestions, I am trying to kill a few stones with this, as I had planned to attend the AR-15 Carbine course this summer where fully tactical clothing is recommended, or so I have been told.

BaconGrease

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heck, just go get some used or new BDU's at the army/navy store. That way if you tear them up, you are not out a lot of money and you can buy more than one pair.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    As Underarmour is the choice of the yuppie set, you'll be the most stylish shooter on the range. Even my grandson wears UA stuff. I'm sure that his rich grandparents (not us) buy it for him. You should dress for comfort at the range. You might consider a shirt with elbow and shoulder pads to absorb recoil, if you shoot a lot of rifle. Dressing like a gun show commando won't favorably impress anyone at the range. Hitting what you aim at and being safe will:rockwoot:

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Depending if you are training at the range or just shooting, you should wear clothes that are similar to what you would wear when you carry your gun so that you can practice presenting the firearm from concealment and shooting on target.

That being said, I wear cargo pants most the time and haven't had any grease or grime that hasn't washed out...yet.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I never did understand folks that get 'dressed up' for a range trip, gun show or whatever else is gun related. I work construction and if I go shooting during the week, it's usually right after work, so I'm wearing whatever I would work in. You are worried about getting your jeans and sweatsirts dirty? Go to Wal-Mart and spend $40 and get a whole set of clothes to wear to the range. Don't you have any 'old clothes'? What do you change your oil in or rake leaves or mow the grass or wear around the house? Geeze, hit Goodwill and spend $15 and you'll have two sets of clothes and then go spend the money on ammo or something that will really help you shoot, not look like a wannabe SWAT guy/mall ninja at the range. I just don't get why folks have to make a range trip a fashion show. My dream range trip is having the whole place to myself, so I really don't care what I wear as long as it's presentable!

Doug K

bdwarr6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Im going to have to grab some of those closeout deals on some pants. but im still stuck on my pointless bucket hat from UA

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    BDU's and boonie hat from Army/Navy 21st/Arlington. When its cold I will put on my UA cold gear under the BDU's. I wear the fleece UA gloves and skully. I just went thru my fall inservicec back in late December and the temp was around 12 degrees. The gloves worked great, I could load mags, draw and shoot my pistol, etc while gloves are on. So now I can feel comfotable wearing the cloves while working. When I am detailed to our range as an instructor I wear 24/7 tactical pants (better than 5.11) and a polo shirt, all to look professional. However, just to shoot, surplus BDU's are great.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I always pick up the cheap equivalent at Walmart or Target even. They have cargo pants and "UnderArmor" for next to nothing. I have been using the wicking shirts that are knockoffs for quite sometime. UA and the knockoffs will wear out at the same time if they are mishandled during cleaning. The knockoffs seemed (in my observation) to last longer and are cheaper (no hesitation to rip them during a battle with Gamera, running from Canadian Mafia gunrunners or crawling in caves after old man Hibachi's gold). The cargo/military non-camoed pants are great. I get them slightly oversize incase I need to wear long underwear with them.

Older milsurp stuff rules. I have an Air Force jacket that makes sjstill hearken back to his AF days. It is the warmest damn thing in the world, super durable and the white/green seems to do well in colder "hiding" situations.

Some of the 5.11 or similar tactical stuff is really nice. I have had a set of pants (ripped them at a buddie's farm running around like a mall ninja). While very nice, great designed, they were not much more than other pants I have messed with. All in all, I can buy two to even 4 sets of the generic brand pants for the same cost. Rips a set, who the fark cares? Also, one may want to consider Dickies, yes, Dickies. While not super commando wicking material, they are stupid durable and retardedly strong. A friend of mine has a whole set up with the Dickies line that matches the general camo of his home area, but also he used waterproofing spray and seam sealer to make them water resistant. He never complains about the wet or cold. But the pricing is very similar to the 5.11 stuff in the end.

All in all though, my range wear is usually jeans and my equipment hand me downs from the other, more tactically hip range members. I am like Israel to those guys, I buy all the stuff they dont want anymore or have replaced. :D

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I bought a cheapo boonie hat at Harbor Freight for 3 or 4 bucks. I bought it to keep the sun off when shooting highpower and smallbore rifle. Santa bought me a Wickers long sleeved undershirt. It is very well made in the good ole USA. It keeps the moisture away from my body and keeps me warm. Santa got it on closeout here: Moisture Wicking Performance Thermal Underwear for Anywear Made in the USA

Top Bottom