• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I need to do some reading up on Ruby Ridge. I was in high school at the time and if it did not have boobs or a Holly carburetor, I was was not paying attention.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If you google the man, the first thing that pops up is that he was a white separatist, white supremacist; some variation of that theme.

I vaguely remember something about the FBI wanting him to penetrate some such group as being the reason the whole thing started, but it has been a long time.

Anybody care to give me a short version on what the guy's beliefs were?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    If you google the man, the first thing that pops up is that he was a white separatist, white supremacist; some variation of that theme.

I vaguely remember something about the FBI wanting him to penetrate some such group as being the reason the whole thing started, but it has been a long time.

Anybody care to give me a short version on what the guy's beliefs were?
    I believe the FBI tried to get him to infiltrate and inform on an Aryan organization in Idaho. I don't know that he had separatist or supremacist beliefs himself.

My recollection is that undercover agents tried to entrap him into "manufacturing" a SBS (read sawing off a shotgun barrel to make it shorter than 18"). Not sure that he actually did.

IIRC the "raid" on his home was in pursuit of an arrest warrant for failure to appear. And that the court date had not been properly communicated to him, if at all.

This is all based on my recollection and general knowledge so no cites for the above.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You Tube has much on Ruby Ridge and his life before and after. Including interviews with his daughter.

When the FBI decides to destroy your life there is usually no hope.....the only hope is if the media picks it up and the world finds out. Imagine all the ones we will never know about. When you know all the truth it makes you ashamed and angry. The FBI is still using their power to execute illegal criminal activities, they just get better at it.

RIP Randy.

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    From an offline group conversation:

The TLDR:
    Weaver got smeared as a white supremacist (he had no connection to the group aside from being their kinda neighbor) by the ATF when he refused to infiltrate the dumb ass skinhead gang he lived next door to for them. So the feds got all mad and used an informant junkie to implicate him in the most nonsense, later proven to be fabricated, gun crime ever, to try to get leverage on Weaver so he would work for them.

He still told them to get ******, so they tried to raid his property to arrest him and ****** the whole thing up. Because, like all cops, when **** got real, it turned out they weren't nearly as high speed and well trained as they thought they were.

Killed his wife, 13yo son and dog. His son killed the agent that killed him and the dog though. So there's that.

The ATF finally arrested him when a friend of his convinced him to surrender after like two weeks of around 50 federal agents ,including air support, being unable to take his "compound" (btw. his "compound" was a plywood cabin, a shed, and a chicken coop but compound sounds scarier on the news) and then got their clock cleaned bigly in criminal court by the great Gerry Spence. The feds got beat so badly and embarrassingly that a congressional commission was formed to try to figure out wtf had gone on.

Then Weaver sued the ATF and they got their asses kicked again in civil court. Paid out millions.

The "sniper" who shot his wife..... through a window....while she was breastfeeding an infant, was charged with manslaughter by the state DA but the feds played games to get it removed to federal court where the charges were instantly dismissed. Because federal cops are literally and figuratively above the law and can do no wrong.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    From an offline group conversation:

The TLDR:
    Weaver got smeared as a white supremacist (he had no connection to the group aside from being their kinda neighbor) by the ATF when he refused to infiltrate the dumb ass skinhead gang he lived next door to for them. So the feds got all mad and used an informant junkie to implicate him in the most nonsense, later proven to be fabricated, gun crime ever, to try to get leverage on Weaver so he would work for them.

He still told them to get ******, so they tried to raid his property to arrest him and ****** the whole thing up. Because, like all cops, when **** got real, it turned out they weren't nearly as high speed and well trained as they thought they were.

Killed his wife, 13yo son and dog. His son killed the agent that killed him and the dog though. So there's that.

The ATF finally arrested him when a friend of his convinced him to surrender after like two weeks of around 50 federal agents ,including air support, being unable to take his "compound" (btw. his "compound" was a plywood cabin, a shed, and a chicken coop but compound sounds scarier on the news) and then got their clock cleaned bigly in criminal court by the great Gerry Spence. The feds got beat so badly and embarrassingly that a congressional commission was formed to try to figure out wtf had gone on.

Then Weaver sued the ATF and they got their asses kicked again in civil court. Paid out millions.

The "sniper" who shot his wife..... through a window....while she was breastfeeding an infant, was charged with manslaughter by the state DA but the feds played games to get it removed to federal court where the charges were instantly dismissed. Because federal cops are literally and figuratively above the law and can do no wrong.

That is close. If not familiar with the events, IT IS WELL WORTH DOING YOUR HOMEWORK TO BECOME SO.

One thing is for certain... atf is the scum of the scum and the fbi is right there with them.

Top Bottom