• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Why does Hawaii have interstates?
    The states are mandated to care for and improve the interstate highway system as needed, with some oversight from the federal highway administration. However, they are largely paid for with federal funds. Those funds have local match requirements where the states have to contribute a share to get the federal money. Usually 80% federal and 20% state, but that varies a little depending on the work being performed.

If they called it a highway the state would actually have to pay for it. Call it an interstate and the federal government builds it(with our tax dollars). After that maintaining it is 80% federal and 20% state.Also...it connects our air base with our naval base.
    I would wager the interstate in Hawaii is darn near paved with gold and well maintained.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The states are mandated to care for and improve the interstate highway system as needed, with some oversight from the federal highway administration. However, they are largely paid for with federal funds. Those funds have local match requirements where the states have to contribute a share to get the federal money. Usually 80% federal and 20% state, but that varies a little depending on the work being performed.

If they called it a highway the state would actually have to pay for it. Call it an interstate and the federal government builds it(with our tax dollars). After that maintaining it is 80% federal and 20% state.Also...it connects our air base with our naval base.
    I would wager the interstate in Hawaii is darn near paved with gold and well maintained.
    Now this is a well considered, thoroughly thought out, and articulate response.

Please remember, this is Ingo!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

99.999% correct (IMO). And the interstate system is considered a national defense network designed to land aircraft on.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So if my gf tells me I'm a smartass or i know it all, then why can't i find waldo?
    Or she asks me what's for dinner and i say "6". Now how can she be mad at me for my answers when she swears i know it all.??

Guess i can't be all that smart as she claims

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Catching a fish with a crowbar is also against the law in Indiana.
    Most of this thread is funny, some a bit serious, this is just BS. It's also illegal to catch a fish in IN with a pickup truck, a train, the empire state building, etc. Do you know it's illegal in IN to catch a fish with a Corgi dog? Not withstanding the fact that Corgi dogs should be illegal in and of themselves.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom