• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    I am looking for some railroad ties for landscaping,I am in the New Albany don't mind driving a little to get them and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them.Dose anybody know were I can buy some?

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Best place I've found is from Lowes. Price isn't too bad.....sometimes you can find someone selling them on craigs list a lot cheaper

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just make sure that you wear gloves and a mask if you have to do any cutting. That creosote-laden sawdust can do a number on you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bought 60 of them from Menards a couple years ago. IIRC, they were around $9 each. You must keep in mind they are going to weigh about 200 pounds each. I had 60 of them on a 14,000 gvwr trailer and a half ton dodge. It was all I could do to pull them.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    60!? Damn hornady, either you built a very nice retaining wall or have a small rail-road.

I will probably buy a dozen sometime this season. Stupid hillbilly neighbors are making it necessary to make a well defined boundary line.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    60!? Damn hornady, either you built a very nice retaining wall or have a small rail-road.

I will probably buy a dozen sometime this season. Stupid hillbilly neighbors are making it necessary to make a well defined boundary line.

Built 2 nice backstops.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    They put in a new trail by my house, and tore out a railroad track... SO I got ties from their "waste pile." Total cost, Free!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    They put in a new trail by my house, and tore out a railroad track... SO I got ties from their "waste pile." Total cost, Free!

Cool. Did they extend all the way down from Star City? When I lived in Winamac, it hadn't even made it that far south. Course it's been about 4 years now. That'd be a good round trip bike ride.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Cool. Did they extend all the way down from Star City? When I lived in Winamac, it hadn't even made it that far south. Course it's been about 4 years now. That'd be a good round trip bike ride.

It runs from Winamac to just west of Logansport. The long term plan is to connect the PanHandle to Little Turtle... Which would be great, as then I could ride my bike to work!

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    There used to be a place north of Jeffersonville on 62 that sold them. I am pretty sure it isn't there anymore but not 100% sure.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    You can buy by the semi load for $6 a piece from a company in Bloomington. Can't remember the name if anyone really wants to know send me a message and I will find the business card.

Top Bottom