• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Whatever you do, don't walk with a child that's racially different than yourself. In Austin, TX you're likely to find yourself cuffed and stuffed, even when the child's your grandchild. You'd think that crap like this wouldn't occur these days, given the number of mixed race families that exist. Can't help but wonder what might have happened if these same morons had seen my family with it's racially diverse siblings. Someone would have been hurt.

Grits for Breakfast: Me, APD, and 'Babysitting While White,' Part Deux

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    APD is getting quite a rep these days.

Probably comes from living in a little island of Liberalism in a sea of Conservatism. Love TX but Austin is like a foreign country. Funny, the more Liberal a place is the more agressive and militarized LE seems to be.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I spend some time in Texas. I've been in big cities, small towns and in dinners in towns so small that they are not listed on maps. I've been "just barely" complying with Texas's goofy hide your gun provisions at a gun store in Kerrville surrounded by members of the Chief Deputy Sheriff Association partying down at the Inn of the Hills.

However, I was never in fear of my life or bodily injury from the police as when I am in Austin. It is a completely different vibe there.

I hope the blogger gets things sorted out.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I really miss the dope smoking tie dye wearing never bathing who gives a **** if the sun don't rise hippie liberals. Those were the real deal liberals, now they all want to force their warped views on everybody, and they're getting the cops to do their bidding for them! Who woulda thunk it?

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Lots of fail in the comments section of that blog. So many "anonymous" folks who are too afraid to take ownership of their opinions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Funny, the more Liberal a place is the more agressive and militarized LE seems to be.

Very true...all you have do is look at the countries the liberals aspire for us to be...you know, like the USSR, China, New York, California, etc... :D

I really miss the dope smoking tie dye wearing never bathing who gives a **** if the sun don't rise hippie liberals. Those were the real deal liberals, now they all want to force their warped views on everybody, and they're getting the cops to do their bidding for them! Who woulda thunk it?

You musta missed the Ayatollah Santorum thread:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    This incident amounts to a form of racism. If you have a biracial child or grandchild, then the police could harass you. Isn't that like the ignorant old days, when the police harassed (and sometimes did terrible things to) interracial couples to discourage "miscegenation"?

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Very true...all you have do is look at the countries the liberals aspire for us to be...you know, like the USSR, China, New York, California, etc... :D

You forgot Illinois! My daughter lives there and it's a nice town saddled with Chicago's ridiculous gun laws. I wanted to looke at a K-98 in a sporting goods store and wasn't allowed to touch it because I have no FOID!?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

You forgot Illinois! My daughter lives there and it's a nice town saddled with Chicago's ridiculous gun laws. I wanted to looke at a K-98 in a sporting goods store and wasn't allowed to touch it because I have no FOID!?

It's for your own safety, for goodness sakes!:D

Yeah, I thought about Chicago after I posted that.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'd like her to view police as people she can trust instead of threats to her and her family, but it's possible I live in the wrong [STRIKE]neighborhood[/STRIKE] country for that.

Fixed it for him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

They have all grown up and are now in charge of things. Those who were once the hippies on the Hiaght ashburry (sp) are now our elected officials and bureaucrats. Grew up through the 60's
    I have had the racist tag hung on me in discussions of a political nature with folks of color. When they can not defend their positions with facts they revert (always) to the standard, "You just don't like black people" line. No, that is not the case, I do not like his politics, period. They come with the racist slurs and I show them pictures of my mixed grand child, her black father and pics of us all at the range together. Shuts it down pretty quick. Not all folks of color but most respond this way. My grand child is the very light of my life. My son in law is a good man with character and work ethic. I walk proudly with them. I wish this would all just go away but that is wishing to much.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I didn't see any mention of liberals in the article. I'm wondering how people knew the political persuasions of the people in the story. Are liberals against mixed-race families?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I didn't see any mention of liberals in the article. I'm wondering how people knew the political persuasions of the people in the story. Are liberals against mixed-race families?
    Well, the author isn't a liberal. More of a libertarian. His blog is normally about the criminal "justice" system in various parts of the US and Texas.

Top Bottom