• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I used marshmallows in my live traps. Took ten of the little nerds off of my porch in about a weeks time. Lil road trip to the further country and they were happy to run. Dropped all ten in the same spot so they can regroup.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I used marshmallows in my live traps. Took ten of the little nerds off of my porch in about a weeks time. Lil road trip to the further country and they were happy to run. Dropped all ten in the same spot so they can regroup.

I am sure someone appreciates you passing that problem to them.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    "Coon Cuffs" are a cheap trap that works good. They are about $10 each. You stake them down of tie them to something heavy. Put a marshmallow inside it. They reach in and grab it....they wont let go of the marshmallow to get away, so they cant get their hand out.
    Fly bait works better... if you can find it. They don't sell it in Indiana any more. A small pile of fly bait in a pan with a little Pepsi on it....
    you will find them laying there in the morning....sometimes face down in the pan.

I think you may be referring to 'golden malrin'. That was a recommendation to my Grandpa years ago by a local farmer.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I am sure someone appreciates you passing that problem to them.

Indeed.

DNR regulations forbid releasing them outside of your county, so they might even find their way back. Either way, it's uncool to burden someone else that way.

My opinion: trapped nuisance animals should be euthanized.

Top Bottom