• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Yes, troopers can carry their personally owed firearms on and off duty. There is a list of approved .45 caliber pistols (no revolvers) that can be carried on duty and in uniform. Off duty is open to many calibers and options.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Revovler? Dude, 1976 called, it wants its issue weapon back.:D

View From The Porch: The Saga Continues...

I still occasionally carry a revolver on duty. Well, I always carry A revolver, but sometimes I carry two. I'm pretty satisfied with my P220, but some days it just seems like a .357 kind of day. Especially on court days when I know I'm going to be sitting in those tight chairs for awhile.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yes, troopers can carry their personally owed firearms on and off duty. There is a list of approved .45 caliber pistols (no revolvers) that can be carried on duty and in uniform. Off duty is open to many calibers and options.
    Really, all these years I have never seen a Troop in uniform carry anything on their belt other than what was issued. Hmmm

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I was told by an ISP Trooper that they are told exactly what kind of shoes they have to wear & cannot choose their own. Can't imagine them allowing officer choice of gun/holster/etc., at least ON duty.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I still occasionally carry a revolver on duty. Well, I always carry A revolver, but sometimes I carry two. I'm pretty satisfied with my P220, but some days it just seems like a .357 kind of day. Especially on court days when I know I'm going to be sitting in those tight chairs for awhile.
    For example I'm 19. If I went through the academy once I turned 21 could I opt to carry a .357? I'm thinking not but I know someone on here can clarify. Not wanting a debate, just an answer.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    For example I'm 19. If I went through the academy once I turned 21 could I opt to carry a .357? I'm thinking not but I know someone on here can clarify. Not wanting a debate, just an answer.

No, no 357 wheels guns allowed in uniform while on duty, only .45 caliber pistols approved from the list or the issued G21 at this time.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    My son-in-law is a isp (district 45), I ask him this question yesterday and he said they are required to carry the issued firearm.

LOL, I wonder how I've gotten away with carrying a custom M&P .45 for the past year in uniform?

Top Bottom