• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Someone is offering an acog in a trade. im a little unsure if it is real or fake. He swears it is real. I have emailed trijicon, but am waiting to hear back. Have any of you ever seen an acog with the name in white lettering? It also doesnt have the fiber optic (correct name?) across the top. (older model?) Here is the info he gave me. TA31RCO-A4 and NSN1240-01-5251. Any help would be awsome.

pics
    acog1.jpg
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd64/ggallup/acog1.jpg
    acog.jpg

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    pretty sure that the trijicon name should be forged on the housing. definitely should have the fiber optics and it should have a tritium warning on the left side.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Genuine Trijicon® ACOG® scopes can be identified by three distinguishing characteristics:

1. Every ACOG® will be marked with the serial number on the top of the scope, both on the eyepiece and the main housing
    2. All Trijicon® ACOG® scopes have a statement on the left side of the unit indicating that the sight contains tritium
    3. The words “Trijicon® ACOG®” are forged into the main housing and appear as raised letters

Well after looking around, number 3 has me pretty convinced. It looks like a G&P replica maybe?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You need better pics.

I have the TA01NSN-DOC and it doesn't have the fiber optic.

He has given you two different ACOG model #s.

I smell a fake.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Well trijicon got back to me. I emailed them at 6pm and had a response by 9am. Thats some customer service! He said it is a fake. When i told this to the guy, i asked him to send more pics (for our viewing) and asked him where he bought it. His reply was, "It is not fake, lets meet up at any gun store. They will show you its not fake." I once again asked, "Can i get more pics, and where did you buy it?" 2nd response, "i know it is real, and i know where it came from. Pick a store to meet at." Once again i asked, "When can you send more pictures? Where was it bought?" His reponse, "Unless you meet up with me, you're just wasting my time."

Seems like the last person i want to meet up with somewhere. Thanks for the help.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'd meet him at a gun shop of your choice just to see what happens. Have a couple INGO ppl there too if possible.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Some people can't admit to themselves that maybe they were "had".
    So he is going to insist that it is real, because maybe he didn't know what he was looking at when he bought it, and didn't have the foresight to check around before dropping a bunch of hundreds. Or he is flat out just a rip-off artist.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    If you had the time to kill I would meet him at a gun shop of your choice and that has a few acogs on the shelf for comparison. Just cause I like to see how these things turn out. When he doesn't show you will at least be in the gun shop you want to be in which is never a waste of time.

Is this trade from a post on this forum?

Correct me if I am wrong. But I also believe if you look through the acog at the very bottom they also etch the model number in very small print in the glass.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Im not really wanting to waste any of my time meeting him. It was suppose to be part of a trade for my motorcycle. He was to give me the ar and $XXXX.XX.

Top Bottom