• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spark481

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Indy
    I may be a little slow, but I am curious if it is not too late to submit an application for purchase of a handgun(or two) before the new regime makes it impossible for those of us that are honest. If it is not too late, when will it be too late and is it possible that by submitting an application now, I could be grandfathered in? Thanks for any and all info.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You don't need to submit an application to "be allowed" to buy a handgun. This is still the Free State of Indiana. You don't even need a License to Carry a Handgun. You can just walk into a gun store, pass a background check, and walk out ten minutes later with your new purchase. You can also purchase in a face-to-face transaction without submitting to a background check.

Note that if you want to TRANSPORT your new purchase anywhere but straight home, you will need a License to Carry Handgun (LTCH). The process to acquire said license is well documented on this web site.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    He must be from Missouri, the show me your permit to purchase a handgun state.
    Or maybe Illinois the Land of Obama.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    He must be from Missouri, the show me your permit to purchase a handgun state.
    Or maybe Illinois the Land of Obama.

Yeah! I wish I could buy and walk! It sucks to have to wait, especially if I have to go out of town too far to buy. (Return trip) (K's Merchandise/Wal-Mart no longer sell.) Big R still has guns, I think. But for how long?

I've been thinking of going to that place just across the state line. It wouldn't be any farther (maybe not as far) as going to Chambana.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I am surprised that Illinois has not made that illegal! That is the "gun show loophole" I hope you know.

We do have to copy down all firearm information (if FOID - #, name, date, firearm serial #, description of firearm) or if from another state, name, address, lic.# (?). And the information must be kept for 10 years.

Top Bottom