• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    I'm wanting one , mostly because I don't have one . My desire is rabbit ears , dual triggers , 20" barrels . Stoeger has the Double defense , ported ,but only one trigger . Which barrel fires first with one trigger ? is this a better arrangement ? Do I really need 2 triggers ? Wife's gone for 2 more days and I need a new toy .

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Right barrel fires first on my Stoeger.

As I understand it having two triggers lets you choose which barrel you fire which would matter if you carried different shells in each barrel. edit: or have different chokes.

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Single Trigger, faster on the follow up Shot. It's a Scatter Gun, which barrel fires first doesn't matter, unless it a Trap or Sleet Gun and their Choked different.

Not really any faster, buy the time you pull the gun down from the recoil and back on target your finger is already on the second trigger. I shot Winchester and Parker SXS's with double triggers for skeet for many years and never had any issue with getting to the second trigger.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have dual triggers. Pull both at the same time! :rockwoot:

I have done this. Dad has an old sxs external hammer 12 gauge. The lock work was worn badly. Shooting doubles with it required you pull the back trigger first, then the front one. If you pulled the front one first, the other barrel would fire almost simultaneously. I'd pull both triggers at the same time on the far out there clays just for fun.

It's a wall hanger now.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Double triggers make it a 6 ga. single shot! Fun, but sometimes painful. I prefer it, well, just because.

I do have a Fox double with a single trigger also...right first, left next but given regulation and distance may not matter much. The issue would be knowing where it's patterning at what range. For home obliteration it's all minute of bad guy.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have a CZ double coach gun. 2 triggers, hammers, 20" barrels. Loads of fun.

Fit and finish are superb. Little pricey, most are around $700.

Highly recommend it.

Don

sassdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    brick house off cent
    I'm wanting one , mostly because I don't have one . My desire is rabbit ears , dual triggers , 20" barrels . Stoeger has the Double defense , ported ,but only one trigger . Which barrel fires first with one trigger ? is this a better arrangement ? Do I really need 2 triggers ? Wife's gone for 2 more days and I need a new toy .
    I have a ttn it has 2 triggers, hammers,20" barrels. Have shot thousands of rounds through it in 8+ years. The cimarron 1878 is same gun.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Doubles with two triggers make great hunting guns, the right barrel, front trigger is usually a more open choke than the left or second trigger. I would skip the external hammers as they are more for looks, noisy for hunting and slow for defense.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I've always wanted a SxS coach gun because, well, because. They're cool defense guns. Interesting that AFAIK nobody thinks of O/U the same way. O/U? Skeet and Trap. SXS? John Wayne!

Top Bottom