• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I always thought it was because they have 1500 tables (roughly), but I'm not sure where I heard that.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Indianapolis already had the "Indianapolis 500". It was billed as the biggest one day in sports. The Indianapolis gunshow was the biggest 3 day gunshow East of the Mississippi. 3 days times the Indy 500 equaled the "Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show" And now you know, the rest of the story.....

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Many many years ago they only had 2 shows a year. They were the 1500 and the 2500. Not sure why the name change and it was only for a couple of years.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    Indianapolis already had the "Indianapolis 500". It was billed as the biggest one day in sports. The Indianapolis gunshow was the biggest 3 day gunshow East of the Mississippi. 3 days times the Indy 500 equaled the "Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show" And now you know, the rest of the story.....

Never knew this!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wife asked me a question i couldn't answer, why do they call it the 1500 gun and knife show?

The real answer is no one would come if there was truth-in-advertising and they called it the "1500 crop dusted beef jerky show".

ifmurphy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Bloomington, IN

This is good trivia, I had always figured it had something to do with mimicking the 500.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I would be curious to know myself!
    Perhaps someone from the 1500 might chime in!

Sorry for the delay. I was out for some shoulder surgery! Vendor tables are $100 each unless you are under 30 days before the show. Then they go up to $110 per table. If you need electricity it is $10 for the weekend. Feel free to PM me if I can help with tables.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Ok so I've never been to a 1500 and I've heard it's a great place to find deals and I've heard it's a great way to waste time as it's all over priced. Assume the truth is somewhere in between? Is there a list of "good vendors" for ammo, trades, etc. A list of tables you really should visit if you're going to come down?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok so I've never been to a 1500 and I've heard it's a great place to find deals and I've heard it's a great way to waste time as it's all over priced. Assume the truth is somewhere in between? Is there a list of "good vendors" for ammo, trades, etc. A list of tables you really should visit if you're going to come down?

Hello Pyro and welcome to INGO (hey, that rhymes!) Like with most things in life the answer is, "it depends." The Summer shows are smaller, November, January and March are pretty huge. As far as deals, it depends. You could try Sunday afternoon or deals on bulk ammo (nobody wants to pack it back to the truck.)

Just speaking for myself the people-watching is worth the price of admission. There is a subtle difference between the extras from The Walking Dead and the cast of The Hills Have Eyes.

INGO has a booth at the 1500. It is staffed by the coolest of INGOers :cool: you can stop by for some real-live, in person abuse. We'll also sell you some INGO bling: t-shirts, hats, stickers, magnets.

The next one is late-August, the November show will be bigger.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The answer depends more on the customer.

That said, it's not the cornucopia of milsurp that it once was. And on the other hand, it's not the overinflated money grab it was after Newtown.

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    Wondered this myself. Good info. On the topic, I wish there was as much milsurp stuff as there was 10 years ago when I first started going to the show. Now you really have to keep your eyes peeled for deals. Seems to be overinflated with Chinese made/ replica stuff now.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Thanks, that helps. Sounds like I'll wait for the November show and give it a walk around. :-) Hate to admit it took me a while to find my own question in the forums. :-o

Top Bottom