• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I plan to use my wet tumbler after sizing/trimming to remove lube, shavings, etc.. Since the brass has already been previously cleaned/tumbled, would I need to use the stainless pins again to remove the lube or will just the Lemishine/ArmourAll Wash & Wax mix and water remove it?

I want to do this extra step before I put the prepped brass into storage since I've heard that the Wash & Wax will leave a coating on it (just like your car) to prevent tarnishing.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    The pins might deburr the case mouth after trimming if you think that would be a benefit, then yes, use the pins. Otherwise I would just use detergent like Dawn dish soap and maybe lemishine if you want them brighter. The pins aren't necessary at all for getting rid of oil and I've seen folks who tumble without them to clean the brass.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The pins might deburr the case mouth after trimming if you think that would be a benefit, then yes, use the pins. Otherwise I would just use detergent like Dawn dish soap and maybe lemishine if you want them brighter. The pins aren't necessary at all for getting rid of oil and I've seen folks who tumble without them to clean the brass.

Good advice right there!

Top Bottom