• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevenlong8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Monroe Co.
    layman question, kind of off topic, what legal implications would bear on person wanting to purchase a "silencer" and or a class3 or a 10 firearm. I would like to supplement my collection but i know nothing about the legal end of it , and i have heard 50 diferent awnsers if i have heard one, also heard a rumor of a "gun trust" , I know ,very vague. thanks for the forthcoming help.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    layman question, kind of off topic, what legal implications would bear on person wanting to purchase a "silencer" and or a class3 or a 10 firearm. I would like to supplement my collection but i know nothing about the legal end of it , and i have heard 50 diferent awnsers if i have heard one, also heard a rumor of a "gun trust" , I know ,very vague. thanks for the forthcoming help.

Well I'm sure one of the guys with more experience doing this can add something to my answer, but I'll do my best. To get a silencer/suppressor all you have to do is find out where you want to buy from. Either online or from a local Class 3 dealer. Then you will basically have to fill out a Form 4 and send it to ATF along with your $200 for the tax stamp. Then once your form comes back approved you simply go and pick up the suppressor. When you say"gun trust" I assume you're referring to a revocable living trust. You can read about it elsewhere in the NFA section but basically it's just an easier way of purchasing an NFA item. It bypasses the CLEO signoff, photos, fingerprints, etc normally associated with filling out your Form 4 as an individual.
    Also you must be 21 years of age to purchase an NFA item from a dealer and live in a state where it's legal to own suppressor (Indiana is one, of course).

Now where is VUPDblue and bigcraig to fill in the rest? Seriously if you have ANY questions about NFA stuff, they are the ones to talk to.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    RonPaul is on the right track, I don't really have the time right now, but the only correction I have for you and him is that no matter where you buy (online or local) you still must use a C3 dealer. All NFA transactions from out of state must go through a dealer who is in the same state as the buyer. Look at the NFA FAQ sticky for a little more info.

Top Bottom