• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I have been using ebay for a Long time. I will do a search for a particular item, like a particular cell phone. I will open up a few windows with several ones I want to look over. Nothing catches my eye and I will close them out. No problem. Lately I am getting offers from people selling the item I searched for. It only came up a few times, but seemed strange. Anyone else getting offers on what they search for on the bay? It just started in the last couple weeks.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I have been using ebay for a Long time. I will do a search for a particular item, like a particular cell phone. I will open up a few windows with several ones I want to look over. Nothing catches my eye and I will close them out. No problem. Lately I am getting offers from people selling the item I searched for. It only came up a few times, but seemed strange. Anyone else getting offers on what they search for on the bay? It just started in the last couple weeks.
    I sell a bit on ebay, typically like new or new things we're getting rid of but have enough value its worth it to sell vs drop off at Goodwill.

Sellers can go into their dashboard and send "offers" to people who have viewed their items (I thought it was just those that have watched them). It has to be at least 5% off the purchase price and sellers have no idea who they are being sent to, unless they accept or ask a question.

I've sold a few things via the "make an offer feature", so I'm a fan.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I rolled my eBay over to my bestie a few years ago. She is on the road and will be home from work tomorrow night. She should know, I will get back to this thread.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I’m a frequent eBayer as well. I do get seller offers on items that I put on the watchlist, and I also get “reminders” from eBay on items that I’ve simply looked at but not placed on the watchlist. I figured most of it was algorithm-based, I never really dug deep enough but I assumed a “seller offer” was actually eBay just throwing out a price adjustment to get you more interested in an item and covering the cost to the seller LOL. I didn’t think actual sellers were sending offers. I also figured that the more you look at an item, the better chance you’ll have of getting a seller offer discount :)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't know why anyone would still use that anti-2A platform

I closed my ebay account more than 25 years ago.
    Couldn't be happier with the decision.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Some items have the "make an offer" thing to click on. That's cool if you can get the seller to come down a bit.

If not, I'll sometimes put several of the same item at the same (or close to the same price) on my watch list, then sit back and see if one of them send me an offer...

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Agreed with the posters here, sellers can send offers if you "watch" an item. Ebay will also send me notices for things I've searched for but I believe that's a notification item you can turn off for your account.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I don't know why anyone would still use that anti-2A platform
    I would agree. For some items (usually used) there is practically no other option. I do a lot of repairs on older things. Some items I go to Amazon. They are just as bad. FB marketplace is another. Those 3 just seem to have a corner on the market.

Top Bottom